//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Wanted Trip Z specs/,tourqe settings

--

Wanted Trip Z specs/,tourqe settings

Hi guys, this toy has not run since I bought it...it has leaks so far at the cylinder head top n bottom, it had new gaskets on it...but blew soap bubbles everywhere. Tried tourqing it all down did no good. So I'm going to order a top end gasket kit and see if that will work.
    Does someone here have a list of the tourqe settings for the cylinder and the head? I'd appreciate it trying to get this in running order, as my friends are going riding in a month. My Banshee self destruced...so this is far cheaper right now to try to get running.
    Also are there any links to a shop manual on-line?

Also, Chapparell said gaskets are discontinued & no longer available...can anyone tell me what gasket kit I can order...

If I can't get it runnin, I might just sell it to help fund my Banshee rebuild, kinda sucks when a 3 wheeler isn't even worth the price of a Banshee motor rebuild...darnnit

Thanks for any advice...I appreciate it Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180317_110431.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	2.94 MB 
ID:	251054
    Last edited by this old rz; 03-17-2018 at 02:36 PM.
    I need all the help I can get!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by this old rz View Post
    Hi guys, this toy has not run since I bought it...it has leaks so far at the cylinder head top n bottom, it had new gaskets on it...but blew soap bubbles everywhere. Tried tourqing it all down did no good. So I'm going to order a top end gasket kit and see if that will work.
    Does someone here have a list of the tourqe settings for the cylinder and the head? I'd appreciate it trying to get this in running order, as my friends are going riding in a month. My Banshee self destruced...so this is far cheaper right now to try to get running.
    Also are there any links to a shop manual on-line?

Also, Chapparell said gaskets are discontinued & no longer available...can anyone tell me what gasket kit I can order...

If I can't get it runnin, I might just sell it to help fund my Banshee rebuild, kinda sucks when a 3 wheeler isn't even worth the price of a Banshee motor rebuild...darnnit

Thanks for any advice...I appreciate it Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180317_110431.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	2.94 MB 
ID:	251054
    That's bs on the gaskets you can get cometic, Athena and others. I'm sure oem is discontinued. Seems like they didn't want to find you any.
    [/SIGPIC]
    85 350x
    83 200x-sold
    ×2 85 200x-sold
    06 kx250f-sold
    86 tecate-sold
    86 tri z powervalved
    85 BIG red
    18 rmz250
    87 lt80
    19 ttr110

--
    Yeah what he said^^^^^

Those guys only know as much as the digital catalog in front of them tells them. My local Honda shop learned not to get all know-it-all on me because they always get schooled. They got tired of looking like idiots in a room full of customers at the parts counter. I once ordered some OEM 200X part off my phone right in front of them after they swore it was not available anywhere. That kid still won't wait on me or talk to me.

EVEN IF you could no longer find any jug gaskets aftermarket, you can buy sheets of different type and thickness of gasket material and if you want a long term investment, hit up a water jet or laser table shop and have a copper head gasket cut out of sheet copper. It can be pricey but last almost forever as long as you anneal it with a torch between tear downs. They are less forgiving as far as warped heads or scratched cylinder deck but you can use sealant if it's not too bad. Your head and deck should always be flat and smooth anyway if you're doing it right.

Multi layer steel (MLS) gaskets are also very good and I believe they are also reusable.

I threw away my Tucker Rocky, Chaparral, and WPS catalogs. Regarding trikes, they are only good to find a few third gen ATC250R parts and that's mostly because they share parts with the TRX equivalent.

Feel free to ask here if you have trouble finding new consumables for that TriZ or even any parts at all. Someone here is even working on offering new aftermarket stator covers

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Thanks so far guys, I posted another thread regarding my top end, looking for advice.
    I went on line and found listings for Tri Z gasket..kits I'll order one.. I'm just real weary of online purchases as 50% of what I buy is often arrives wrong...from T shirts to helmets...UGgggg!
    Hopefully I can just use new gaskets bolt it back together and hopefully she will run. I'm not even going to buy a motor online/eBay etc.. where jokers are asking like $800.00 for a used unknown motor...there crazy..
    I need all the help I can get!

--
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...with-TRI-Z-250

That link shows you all the parts that swap over to your Tri Z. The YZ250 gasket kits should fit, may even be cheaper in price.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //