//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 200x cam replacement problems

--
    Yeah you're going to have to take the motor loose to get the head off all the way. I've pulled the motor mounting bolts out, pulled the airbox boot off the carb, pulled the front sprocket, pull the spark plug wire, and lifted the motor up enough to get it from between the frame tabs and then tilt the motor just enough to pull the head.

That's the very least work to get the head off. After that, you'd only have the throttle cable, clutch cable, and electrical wiring left connected to the motor but I've been able to manuever the motor with that stuff still attached.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Gotcha I thought you'd same cam journal not cam bushing, already have a new xr 200 cam for it so now I'll have to get a cam bushing. Is the cam bushing the same for a 200x and xr200? Mostly wondering if i can pick one up from the dealership.

--
    Mike (Shortline10) knows much more about these than I do. He owns a motorcycle/ATV repair shop with particular experience with the ATC200X both racing and wrenching

I sent him some 200X head work recently to get valve guides installed and the head reassembled. He knows these things up and down.

Take lots of pics of all this stuff and also take pics of what the head and valve cover looks like where the big end of the cam was riding in particular.

Before you reassemble, post up here because there is a tiny rubber plug that's important for you to not lose or get knocked out because it plugs a hole where the oil feed for your cam journal was drilled and it needs to be in there on reinstall. Very important

--
    Yeah id just thought he had said cam journal not cam bushing and didn't go back and reread it today but he was spot on thats the problem. I believe I know the rubber plug you are referring too as I saw it when pulling the cam and it is still in place.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by deathwobble View Post
    Gotcha I thought you'd same cam journal not cam bushing, already have a new xr 200 cam for it so now I'll have to get a cam bushing. Is the cam bushing the same for a 200x and xr200? Mostly wondering if i can pick one up from the dealership.
    Yeah the cam bushing is still available from Honda and will work with the XR cam as far as I know. Shortline10 should confirm this is true, I hope

83-85 ATC200X cam bushing....

--
    Cool thank you ironchop. Hopefully shortline can chime in and confirm that so I can get one of those on order and get this motor back together so I can get a few other things done on this trike before summer is here.

--
    Yes the cam bushings are the same as the xr200r and still available threw Honda .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    Thanks shortline. Ordered one from the local honda dealership today. $30 bucks for a oem honda part I wont complain! Shortline I have one more quick question, I also have a 200s, wanted to put the 200x cam in the 200s if it was still in spec (havent taken a caliper to it yet to see if its still in spec) if it is in spec if i pulled the head on my 200s could I put it in or since that bushing is stuck on should I consider the cam fried?

--
    Trying to understand your question lol , are you asking if the cam is still usable with the stuck bushing ? I wouldn’t use it .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    My bad on writing it kinda of confusing but yes, before I ran into the cam bushing problem I was hoping to reuse the cam. Now I won't.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //