I bought the YTM(model with electric start and pull start but no reverse) without a carb on it, picked up one from eBay that is supposed to be a direct replacement. First start up and it seemed to be in full throttle the whole time. I have adjusted the idle screw with no change, I have adjusted the throttle for proper 0-100 throttle and no change. I also can't seem to get the choke hooked up either, as in I know where it hooks up but I can't get the attachment point out of the hole its in to put the cable in. My guess on the "stuck" in full throttle thing is maybe the wrong jets in the bay carb perhaps? Perhaps while I was trying to get the choke hooked up I have the choke on full so its just throttling up all the time? Any thoughts or ideas are welcome.

Additional information:
Bike was in a non running state with no carb or fuel lines when purchased. The wire harness had started a fire and melted part of the air box as well(Previous owner rewired it like an ape). Since then I have rewired basically the whole bike, so far the only thing I did wrong was allow the starter button to always work(There is no spark when the on/off switch is off).