//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What are your thoughts on a "Ride out"?

--

What are your thoughts on a "Ride out"?

This seems to be happening a lot. Dirtbikes/ATV's taking the urban streets. Maybe the occasional ATC.

No helmets for most part. Not sure of all the helmet laws in the USA. Running lights. I am sure they are all payed for. All newer bikes.

COPS don't know how to handle it. Up until the latest in Miami on MLK day. Looks like for the most part the COPS just stood by. Let them do there thing.

We have had a couple 'ride outs' around here. All streetbike related.

Are they giving us a bad name(?) I am no saint. Thoughts?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    If you think cops don't know how to handle the situation, check out the recent incident in Boston. Massachusetts State police as well as Boston police were able to trap almost all of the riders, it was extremely impressive. I know all the areas shown in these videos very well, I spent a lot of time driving truck in the city. These riders had absolutely nowhere to go.

https://youtu.be/Xf5dKmriDHc
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Canadian View Post
    This seems to be happening a lot. Dirtbikes/ATV's taking the urban streets. Maybe the occasional ATC.

No helmets for most part. Not sure of all the helmet laws in the USA. Running lights. I am sure they are all payed for. All newer bikes.

COPS don't know how to handle it. Up until the latest in Miami on MLK day. Looks like for the most part the COPS just stood by. Let them do there thing.

We have had a couple 'ride outs' around here. All streetbike related.

Are they giving us a bad name(?) I am no saint. Thoughts?
    Swap sport bike rider with Harley "dirtbag" or MC member riders and see how different the public react. It makes me mad that loud pipes irritate people but sport bike rideouts stunting, and highway shutdowns don't get the same hate as an MC or cruiser group just riding thru in large groups.

As for off-road stuff on the road, we always got our bikes/quads/trikes impounded when we got caught and we did alot back in the day. Pay to play is what I say so I have no empathy for them.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Hey Barn!............ coming to a police auction near you!.....gently used MX bikes, some quads and a couple of Honda Elites that were used for some sickass wheelies !!

--
    http://mycbs4.com/news/offbeat/man-t...e-crashing-atv

Famous last words! Karma's a !

I ride on the road and cross a divided 4 lane to get to the trails. I've gotten busted a time or two with a stern warning. We've all been on the road at some point I'm sure but riding in a city seems a sure way to get caught/hurt/killed/sued.

However if you enter it in the local parade here, when it ends you can ride through town back to the lineup spot and that's good enough for me
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    I hear it’s a lot slacker now days Rob, but i remember joining a couple of impromptu groups rides back in the mid 80’s in WPG that started of in a place called K Park and they never ended well.

As someone once said: ‘The larger the collective group of people, the lower the collective IQ’ and we never made it more than a few miles before we were accompanied by the law. Of course that always gave at least one guy the brilliant idea to stand it up, or do a burnout and get the lights flashing.

The city isn’t very big, if you had anything custom on your bike, or a flashy lid it was very likely that you would run into one of those same officers within the week at some point, and they had pretty good memories. I quickly realized joining these groups was a bad idea. There were safety issues as well I remember stopping for a red light at once and looking at a guy coming up behind me on his back wheel that couldn’t even see me. People get so stupid when they group up, the safest place was at the back of the pack, but that implied that my plate would be the first they ran.
    Last edited by El Camexican; 03-20-2018 at 09:22 AM.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Cruisers often have rideouts with a "Road Captain"...someone they nominate to be the leader/monitor. "Sweepers" are usually in the line staggered and spaced out in line somewhere behind the Captain as secondary safety workers...ABATE chapters typically do this too on group rides. The Road Captain is supposed to hold intersections for thru traffic and help everyone get thru the dangerous intersections without any incidents. Road Captains also keep everyone in their group respectful and considerate in most cases because nobody wants a newbie with fresh leather acting stupid and taking out his own group of riders and hurting someone or making the group look like idiots to the "cagers" (car drivers) or the general public because it always attracts unwanted attention from LEOs

This hierarchy or order helps keep people in line so you're not just another two-wheeled mob of idiots

--
    Well I have never been on a bike ride out but we used to go to the Car Craft nationals back in the day when they had the North, East, South and west natiionals, ours was in Springfeild ILL. They had ride outs after the show was over and let me tell you that first year was pure crazy, water burnouts, bleach burnouts, guy's picking up the back of a moms family car stopped at a stop sign, pure madness. No way could the cops get a handle on 8000 rods when they took to the streets. The following year the cops wised up, they funneled the cruising cars through a seris of streets and barricades heading them out on the freeway with no way back into town. What a mess that was, Blown and supercharged rods on a one way freeway to who knows where haha.. Well that second year was the last year of the Nationals was held in that town..
    I agree with Nico when he said ‘The larger the collective group of people, the lower the collective IQ’

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    Cruisers often have rideouts with a "Road Captain"...someone they nominate to be the leader/monitor. "Sweepers" are usually in the line staggered and spaced out in line somewhere behind the Captain as secondary safety workers...ABATE chapters typically do this too on group rides. The Road Captain is supposed to hold intersections for thru traffic and help everyone get thru the dangerous intersections without any incidents. Road Captains also keep everyone in their group respectful and considerate in most cases because nobody wants a newbie with fresh leather acting stupid and taking out his own group of riders and hurting someone or making the group look like idiots to the "cagers" (car drivers) or the general public because it always attracts unwanted attention from LEOs
    When I purchased my Electra Glide me and my wife joined HOG and our local chapter. It's not the Boozfighters or the Mongols or the Peckerwoods.......just a bunch of old guys getting together for some like minded comrodery. I'm also a member of GWRRA. Your right....they keep things in order and sometimes that is not fun at all......the ride aspect.

I've found that with GWRRA members.....we tend to have just aged out of sportbikes and graduated to tourers. When they ride they do not stay in "formation" religiously. We tend to ride single file and more spaced out.....kinda like what we did when we were on sport machines. But with the HOG guys it seems formation is the thing. This parade style riding is kinda fun sometimes but mostly not. It takes away from the joy of the ride sometimes when I am constantly trying to be aware of where am I all the while watching for the newbies with new leathers and what they are doing because we all know if you have the money and not the experience and want to look cool on a bike.....you will probably get the new Limited and not the Goldwing.

The ride out guys?........doing stupid stuff on the highways and streets?.........will all one day be on old fat guy bikes bitching away while a new group of "twats" gets under their skin

--
    I have to ask: Are the Booze Fighters a 1% club, or a bunch of old wannabes? I've run into them at a few gas stations in the US and it looks like a squad of old farts trying to mimic "real" clubbers, but if not I probably should be less casual about parking amongst them when I need to fill up. They seem to try to play the 1% role well (acting like your invisible when amongst them), but the ones I've encountered haven't had the hard eyes to back up the silence like the Banditos I run into in Texas.

The Harley clubs we have in Mexico are a riot. Totaly based on economic status and trying their darnedest to look bad azz without getting inked. If anyone ever tried to form an Angels. or Bandito styled club here the cops and narcos would hang them all from the nearest bridge and pizz down the ropes.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Boozefighters were one of the first American MCs. They have younger members but they are alot more picky about who they even let prospect than some other clubs

They didn't start out as 1%ers but I believe they are now

I've never seen a 1% patch on their cut

Last edited by ironchop; 03-20-2018 at 04:42 PM.

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    I was thinking about starting a gang called the Prunefighters.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    Boozefighters were one of the first American MCs. They have younger members but they are alot more picky about who they even let prospect than some other clubs

They didn't start out as 1%ers but I believe they are now

I've never seen a 1% patch on their cut

Guess it's a good thing I didn't knock over any bikes when I snaked up to the pump last time.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Guess it's a good thing I didn't knock over any bikes when I snaked up to the pump last time.
    I've come in contact with a few and they were always nice......even some Hell Angels. They don't wave sometimes but I guess they are too cool for that.

Just because your not a 1% doesn't mean your a punk. Plus I have no time or patience to join some "official real" club. With all the pot lucks and bingo and movie nights...the HOG guys and gals keep me exhausted!!

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    I usually ride alone. I once went on a helmet protest ride, and people were smoking up and drinking before the ride even commenced. I was in the thick of hundreds of bikes when some jerk (also on a bike) rode around a sweeper on a side street and right in front of me. I still don't know how I didn't crash. I agree with Nico's comment on "collective IQ". I don't oppose the helmet protest rides. Let Darwinism do what it do.
    Last edited by tripledog; 03-20-2018 at 10:04 PM. Reason: wurd

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //