//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Tri Z stock carb/Uni filter jetting

--

Tri Z stock carb/Uni filter jetting

Trying to get all my ducks in a row.
    I have what I think to be a stock orig carb, there unfortunately I'd no air box on this bike, along with the useless stupid ass Tri Zinger 1 gallon top mounted tank, otherwise I'd set it and forget it to stock jetting.
    1.) So looking for a recommended (baseline) for the jetting @ approx elevation of sea level to around 3000'
    I'll take it off this weekend and disassemble it for cleaning, I'm not even going to try and run it, I'm sure it's all wrong, so I'd rather start fresh.

2.) I'd rather just buy a brand new 32-36 carb, I don't need perfornance, it's all old n stock. What are some ready to buy carbs that DO NOT REQUIRE THROTTLE CABLE CHANGES.. Nor a boot change. I'd like a simple bolt on..just to get it running decent.

My friends are going riding for the 1st time in 3 years...to Pismo Beach in about 3 weeks, I'd like to go May not get the chance to go out with all of them again., hence the budget top end etc..
    I need all the help I can get!

--

Tri Z stock carb/Uni filter jetting

How do you know its all wrong? Just an air filter change is fine ! Do you live in the mountains? If not jetting should be ok is the stock gas tank stiil there ? If so it just needs a new fuel pump I suspect.. or a rebuild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--
    It came with a mikuni round slide 34 mm maybe 32

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--
    So you have a carb that ran, off the zinger tank...now your gonna replace it? Clean it up get rebuild kit replace the needle seat, float spring, oring if it's dry or leaks. $250 gets you a new carb, and the parts might be $40. I am courious to your fuel tank as well??? Going back to stock ads a few extra steps as mentioned. If you don't have the parts why abandon the top-mount? Long rides, require the strap-on tank. Out here in the woods we carry fuel cans into the deep middle of large loop areas centered to the days high mile rides. We camo the tanks off the trail and flag the trail with duct tape around a tree. I'm sure your a sourceful guy keep it cheap. Save the beer $ Tare it down see what you got.

--
    Thanks all, but I'm specifically looking for a safe baseline setup that (anyone here is using on their Tri Z that runs a individual filter).
    After viewing the cylinder head assembly, and the fact that the motor has never ran , it's crystal clear that the carb needs to be stripped, and set up appropriately. As mentioned in my post, I'm basically fine with that, or I'm totally open setting it up with a brand new carb. New carbs are really cheap, best thing I ever did was replace my carbs in my RD400s and RZ350s roadracers w 32 and 34 TM flatslides..the stock carbs were just too old w lil issues even after basic servicing.

So Im fine trying the stock carb, or a new carb. Just let me know( what your basic jetting setups are for your application, just a jetting baseline is what I'm after) to start with, safely. Either carb will have a Uni filter, just don't want a excessively Lean condition for ibvioys reasons.

Thanks all, keep the suggestions flowing.
    I need all the help I can get!

Outlaw #24 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Stock Jetting for 85 Tri-Z is : 6H3-3 Needle with clip in center groove/ Pilot or low speed jet is #45/ Main jet is #470 that is stock and stock setting for stock engine. If you have a pipe it may need a smidgeon taller on the main like #480 or so! Hope that helped.

--
    I'd call SUDCO if you're set on a new plug-and-play carb setup and see what they suggest.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //