//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New junk hauler

--
    Both, plus in my reading on this cat motor I definitely wanted a fresh oil change before a 1.5 hr drive. The 3126 tends to blow the high pressure oil lines

--

Some of the lines were done but not a clean job

I love the metal protective bracket that is zip tied to the hydraulic hose it is to be supporting and protecting.
    It is suppose to connect to that tab in the upper right

--
    Nice rig! A hot pressure washer/steam cleaner would take a good amount of that crusty New England road salt off your frame. So sad the caustic they coat the roads with these days.....kills so many vehicles. Municipal plow truck frames disintegrate in a few years yet they still spread this crap by the ton.

Now that you got it in your garage, please keep up updated with your progress getting it back on the road

--
    Ya I wanted to steam it first but I needed it into the shop to get brakes going
    Once I have brakes I will pull it out and spray
    Whatever undercoat that was used is coming off in huge chunks, I was screwdriver scraping a ton of crap off. I will do that for a bit, wash and scrape then get some oil or boshield on it and just keep up with it

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Plasticos you are a damn animal, lol. You never disappoint. I've dealt with scaly truck frames from my very first truck (66 F250) and continue to deal with it to this day on my 99 F350. I bang the heavy scale off with a , scrape the stuff that is sticky, then I use the pneumatic needle scaler and sometime the wire wheel, but the wire wheel usually on the stuff that's sticky or intact paint. I brush on POR 15, it's best on rusty metal. It really sinks into metal that has some porosity from oxidization, so you don't have to strip the frame bare. It will never look like a show frame, rusty stuff will bleed out of it, but the paint literally becomes one with the metal. Here I am giving you a tutorial, you're probably already familiar. I plan to hit my frame a second time this year and it should be near forever sealed at that point I would imagine.

I'm wondering if you're technically supposed to have a hoisting license for that crane. I think you're in RI? I don't know if RI requires a hoisting license. I'd have to guess Mass would require one for that. I used to run a Stetco catch basin cleaner that had a little crane on it with a hydraulic clam shell bucket on a wire rope. It was the tits. I got really proficient with it and it became an extension of my own body, I could do anything with it. The trick was to follow the bucket with the crane, it was fun.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Good question fabio, I dunno. I will check into it
    Very familiar with por15 and love the product, just not sure I want to tackle the whole underneath of this beast! I guess I could do little sections but that rack body sits about 2ft higher than frame rails so the reach to the crossmembers would be a pita. Also there is so much corrosion I am just dying to coat everything! I am gonna try some boshield (esp as I can spray it), I have had good luck with it. If I see it isn’t enough I will start hitting sections w por15 or pull the body and do it right

Update looks like there is a crane license for delivery truck. Yea, more money to the state
    Last edited by plastikosmd; 04-06-2018 at 09:26 AM.

--
    Quite a few of the road maintenance companies spray their equipment with Krown rust proofing which is an oil based product that actually creeps as it works. I've been quoted some very high numbers in savings on corrosion/electrical repairs by using this stuff. It's not one and done and needs to be reapplied every couple of seasons based on conditions of use. I just had my 06 Ram Mega Cab done after I had the regular dodge fender well rot out repaired which ran around $160.00 Cdn. It's superior to RustCheck IMO.
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    I will look into it, thank u!
    Brake lines done, replaced 6 of them, some were quite a contortion to get them in/out.
    I also demonstrated the crane to visiting family and wife. About 33 ft of extension minus side of truck to center of rotation.

Last edited by plastikosmd; 04-07-2018 at 07:25 PM.

--
    I wonder how many "friends" will come out of the wood work wanting you to lift/haul things for them now? Same thing happens when you buy a car hauler, you'll find out quickly, lol.
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    Quote Originally Posted by coolpool View Post
    I wonder how many "friends" will come out of the wood work wanting you to lift/haul things for them now? Same thing happens when you buy a car hauler, you'll find out quickly, lol.
    Haha!! Yeah no joke.....hell, I would have befriended him long before that ...look at all that sweet useful stuff in that shop lol

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    We will see! As my wife rolled it into an llc, she will keep an eye on when that truck leaves for “jobs!”

6bt is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Truck looks like a handy thing. When I was getting started in equipment I had a GMC 70 with a roll back bed. It sure was handy with a winch to retrieve dead projects.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //