//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Where do you guys get your parts?

--

Where do you guys get your parts?

I seem to be always buying parts for something and I started thinking, I wonder where others get there parts from. I buy most of my parts from ebay and have a good experience 99% of the time. I had one item get lost in the mail and the seller sent me a new one two days after I contacted them. On the other end of that I have been fighting another seller tooth and nail over something. I learned my lesson not to buy any Items from that seller again. They wanted to charge me a 20% restocking fee for an item that did not fit as advertised. What ever I can take a $10 hit.

I have gone to some local motorcycle shops and they just don't have the parts I need for the old stuff I have.

So where do you all get your parts?

--
    There's a little unwritten trick with ebay, if the item is legit not fitting for the application listed, you return the item as "not as described". This does hurt the seller's rep a bit more than a normal return (if enough they have to pay higher fees, shipping costs etc), but the seller pays return shipping, and I don't think it's possible for them to force a restocking fee. This trick works even if the seller doesn't accept returns. Ebay does a really bad job vailidating the claim, so it is easy to abuse from the buyer end, so keep it honest and double check the listing to be sure you didn't buy the wrong one by mistake. Always try to work with the seller via ebay messages (might have to send a message from their profile to avoid opening a case). I've had around 5 returns personally on ebay as a seller, and so far 4 of them was buyer's mistake, the last one was a defective part which can happen to anyone.

10 years ago or so there was a local atv junk yard you could get stuff from, they had motorcycles, atvs etc just piled in their yard. I went there a couple years ago and they had 1% or less the stock level as before and looks to be going out of business soon. Everything is turning into online only it seems.

For OEM in production parts, check partzilla or another online based Honda dealer, partzilla is nice since they list interchanges and such, back orders can suck though.

The 3ww shop could be another place to get member made parts plus you help support the site.

Local atv/motorcycle shops can work well, but you'd have to expect them to only have common things like hand grips, misc standard bolts etc. Anything fancy they probably won't have unless it's used on a lot of machines, and they have to be semi-modern to be in production.

There are some misc atv/3wheeler web stores around, but not many. I have one, but it's basically just a copy of the items I have in the 3ww shop.

One last place I can think of to get parts is a little different route to go, but watch craigslist for a ratted out ugly machine for cheap. It's not all the time or anything, but you can find good deals on them since they are likely too costly to actually repair, which makes it a cheap parts machine. Could sell the excess parts you don't need to recoup most/all of the cost, or just keep it around encase you ever need any other parts. This of course only works if you have the spare room for the parts machine, but it is one of the cheapest ways to get a lot of spare parts at once.

--
    Also market place on facebook.
    Signature pic removed,becuase of no helmet.

--

Locating parts

Quote Originally Posted by HondaCT90 View Post
    I seem to be always buying parts for something and I started thinking, I wonder where others get there parts from. I buy most of my parts from ebay and have a good experience 99% of the time. I had one item get lost in the mail and the seller sent me a new one two days after I contacted them. On the other end of that I have been fighting another seller tooth and nail over something. I learned my lesson not to buy any Items from that seller again. They wanted to charge me a 20% restocking fee for an item that did not fit as advertised. What ever I can take a $10 hit.

I have gone to some local motorcycle shops and they just don't have the parts I need for the old stuff I have.

So where do you all get your parts?
    Whatcha need? I have plenty of references and pages of feedback right here. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	575.2 KB 
ID:	251429
    R.I.P. John Swinehart
    TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    Epic Mikfest 17
    86 200x
    85 250sx
    85 big red
    85 atc 70

Fabiodriven- cereal goes in first, then milk.
    I’ve got an 8” Grip on a 10” turd... Kyle Kiser

--
    Mostly Ebay. Shipping and the dollar exchange kills me.

I use Kijiji also. It is like Craigslist here in Canada.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

6bt is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I usually buy from eBay, or Rocky mountain atv for new parts. Forums for used parts. eBay is a rip for used stuff.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

--
    There is a good amount of trike parts sellers on the facebook market place. Just have to find the right ones that are reputable.
    "I'm Watchin' The Herk N' Jerk!"
    3&2moto on YouTube
    Trikefest 10,17,18,19

--
    Me and my brother use dratv.com. The website looks kinda sketchy to be honest but its legit. Ordered some trike parts from him and my brother gets his ct90 parts from there. Mix of oem and aftermarket. Has some cool hard to find parts like the little rubber tank mounts for my 200s. Here's a link to atc parts http://dratv.com/atvpartsaccess.html

--
    Capt. Weezy! If he don't gut it, you don't need it!
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!!!!

TRIKES:
    86 250r
    85 250sx
    86 250sx
    84 Yamaha 225DX - Bruins Trike
    85 Yama 225DX - The Rental!
    150cc Piranha powered 70
    110cc Lifan 70
    82 70
    83 ALT 50 Trail Buddy
    88 Yamaha BW 80