//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Trikefest 2018

brandonlowe2 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by morgan View Post
    Is it worthwhile to come up on a Friday and stay the weekend?
    I will be getting there around 7 or 8 Thursday night and leaving Sunday morning.
    1983 Selvy 300R - Check out the Build Thread
    1985/86 Tri-Z - Build Thread Coming Soon
    1985 Tri-Z
    1986 250sx
    1985 ATC70
    1985 ATC 200M

Youtube Channel "Lowe Off Road"

- Brandon

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    What was the joke? I have a great sense of humor.

Not to turn this into Chops Medical Problems thread, but I'll offer some perspective to you guys....

In 2007 (I was 36), I had a huge aortic aneurysm at the root. Seven centimeters across. Genetic condition. They replaced my aorta from my heart to the first branch with a synthetic one and I also got a mechanical aortic valve. This abnormal electrical thing is a rather normal development for people who've had open heart surgery. I knew ahead of time to expect it eventually.

Now with that in mind, you'll recall y'all seen how me and little Chop fearlessly bombed around TF in 14 and 15 which was also two years after breaking my neck in five places in a rollover crash. So you can see why this is merely aggravating to me rather than a huge thing. It's peanuts compared to the rest of my medical record and my local hospital is full of cardiac badassness from places like Walter Reed medical center who operate on me so I have NO worries at all that I'll be right as rain and back to my normal self very quickly. Just aggravated at the timing especially since I dropped butloads of money to get the R done in time for this year's TF

THANK YOU for all the kind words though, and have a great TF!

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    I was replying to your post saying we should go to the invasion. I wanted to say something along the lines of "I can't be making plans for that just yet" but what I wrote was "I wouldn't be committing to that just yet". Saying that to someone who is going for heart surgery is not funny. It looked like I was saying "Sure we can go if you're still alive." I didn't even realize how it looked until I read my post again hours later.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

matt3x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Can't wait for TF 2018! Should have most of our regular group there again, stop by and say hi...

by the way, anyone have a clue what the TF Raffle Trike will be this year? Pretty quiet right now...
    Last edited by matt3x; 05-24-2018 at 11:32 AM.

--
    get well soon iron chop

--
    Started the teardown of my 70 and my KLT200. Way too complicated just to change the chain on a KLT. Don't know how many of you have done it but it is seriously too complicated and time consuming just to get to it. but at least progress has been made. Still working on them and the bus.....Time is ticking....
    Tionesta Trikes ATC 450R
    86 250R
    86 Tecate-3
    83 ATC 70
    85 Big Red
    81 KLT 200
    85 250SX
    Tricky Dicks Cagiva WMX 200 sold
    Trikefest survivor 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...dback+eric250r

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    The oil pan is coming out of my truck tomorrow and the drive shaft has been in the shop for over a week.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    .........hey Ironchef don`t fack wit ya ticker.......get it fixed .........quit jackin so much !!
    Haha! If Glamis grew trees all of the sudden, you'd stop riding there, wouldn't ya?

"The humidity at Haspin is always 135%. The forecast is for rain...always...no exceptions.... periodic sunshine" -- A former Hoosier and Haspineer

I go in on 6/18 for a preliminary check-up and then back on 6/21 for the full tune-up. Supposed to take 4-6hrs in surgery then stay overnight for observation and then Dorothy gets to go home to Kansas, Toto.... and then...and then....no and then... Should be 100% a week after.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

mollie8000 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    dam get healthy ironchop,would have love to see you but some things are more important than trikefest,could help you Fabio if you were closer but you will be there
    Trikefest survivor 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

MotorCity is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    where is trike fest at for 2018?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorCity View Post
    where is trike fest at for 2018?
    It's been at the same place for many years now, Haspin Acres in Laurel, Indiana.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Are they doing a online sign up for mxthis year for trikefest

--
    Bought my first house beginning of last month, moved in 2 weeks, because last week of the month I spent in China for work...so prep work got delayed a little bit, lol.

Last weekend I got battery in my 125, new plug, oil and filter change, fresh gas and a few trips around the block. Fixed brake on my zinger, tightened and replaced a few bolts that had shook loose, again took it around the block. 350x has been used on a regular basis, checked oil, topped off with fresh gas and took her for a spin.

Big SX is last on the list. I know it needs carb, fresh gas, probably a couple oil changes with seafoam to dry it out, new throttle cable, swap bars, etc.

Rebuilt truck transmission a few months ago, seems to be doing good, towed my samurai 5 hours away and back last month no issue. It's due for another transmission filter and fluid change, needs a new CV and the front diff seal on that side is leaking, front diff fluid change, and front brake pads. Changed engine oil the other night and rear diff oil last night. Going to knock everything else out this weekend, then get it in next week for an alignment and tire rotate and balanced.

Knocked a trailer wheel against a K-rail last time I had it out, so it's on the spare now. Ordered a new spare the other day, then it needs one new hub and the other 3 checked/serviced.

So I still got a few projects left, but we're working through them night by night. Georgia Trike Riders will all be camping as a group again, we'll be the 3 big tan carports with flags and whatnot. Probably camping outside the compound this year so we can night ride this year, we ended up wanting to do more of that last year than previously planned. As of now most of our group is planning on driving up Saturday the 16th and staying all the way until Sunday the 24th, first time in 4 years our group will be doing the whole week. A couple are coming later, one has to leave early, but should be a good group most of the week.

The kid that was with our group last year that raced my red zinger in the drag races will not be attending this year, so it probably won't be getting a whole lot of use. That being said if anyone has a kid that would be interested in riding it or even racing it, you're more than welcome to, it runs off good premix at 36:1. I'm not a big fan of lending it out to adults, unless you're intimately familiar with how skinny the rear axles are and how fragile the hubs and diff are.

-Connor

Jason T is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I’m coming over from the U.K. with my dad and my son. My brother lives in Chicago so we will travelling To Haspin Acres from Chicago. Not sure if it will be Thursday evening or Friday morning that we will arrive. My brother has been for the last few years, I attended in 2015 and can’t wait to come back!
    My son is 8 and he doesn’t know we are going yet, it’s going to blow his mind!

--
    Jason T, if like to catch up with you guys. Do you all have trikes to ride?
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    I wouldn't begin to start typing how hard I've been busting my arse on everything over here, and I can type a lot. Truck is finally running but not done completely, many dollars and busted knuckles later. It's been a ton of work. The 480 is done but I won't have time for a test ride before Indiana, so first ride and jetting will be done at Haspin. There are still parts in the mail and the trailer just got dragged out of it's resting place now. A "repair" to address a wonky trailer brake controller has resulted in zero trailer brakes instead of wonky trailer brakes. I'll be on the phone with Hopkins again bright and early tomorrow.

I'm excited for you guys coming from across the pond! I heard someone is coming from another continent as well but I haven't seen anyone post about that so I'm not saying anything in case I know something I'm not supposed to, lol. Hopefully I'll be seeing everyone in a couple weeks!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //