--

André the giant on a big red.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	downloadfile.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	251592

For those of you that remember

André the giant on a Big Red, one of the first and best wrestling superstars. André was 7'4 almost 500 pounds.
    Do you think the suspension on that Big Red was modified?

Name:	the giant.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	251596
    Last edited by DAM shop; 04-12-2018 at 08:35 AM.

--

Name:	623AA8AD-2619-4792-A856-F8876ABF4FC1.jpeg 
Views:	5 
Size:	175.6 KB 
ID:	251593

--

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 Wheel Drive View Post
    Andre and the Hulkster were pretty good buds. I watched a show on HBO last night on Andre, If you were ever a fan of the old pro-wrestling this is worth watching.

--
    I remember watching Hulk Hogan beat the Iron Shiek for the heavy weight championship when I was probably in the 1st grade, around 1980 or 1981. That was before the WCW or WWF, it may have been big time wrestling back then. I grew up watching Jimmy the superfly snooka, junk yard dog, the 4 horseman, George the Animal Steel, Nikita Koloff and all of them.

--
    I remember watching Hulk Hogan beat the Iron Shiek for the heavy weight championship when I was probably in the 1st grade, around 1980 or 1981. That was before the WCW or WWF, it may have been big time wrestling back then. I grew up watching Jimmy the superfly snooka, junk yard dog, the 4 horseman, George the Animal Steel, Nikita Koloff and all of them.
    .....Polish Power Ivan Putski, Bob Backlund, Rick Flair, The Wild Samoans, Mr Fuji, Sgt. Slaughter, and the greatest of all-time The Living Legend Bruno Sammartino.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DAM shop View Post

Name:	downloadfile.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	251592
    This particular photo was taken on the set of The Princess Bride. There were a lot of outdoor locations in the shooting of this movie (the cliffs of insanity, fireswamp, etc) by that point Andre had lost a lot of his mobility. He used the Big Red to get around on the set, much of which was shot in the UK countryside. I believe that is Cary Elwes in the background.

--
    Keister
    I beleive you are correct on that photo. The other photo I believe was taken on his Ranch in Ellerbe North Carolina. None of us could ever imagine the difficulties this man had in his life from being this large..

--
    The Giant hated Macho Man and would whoop on him in the ring.............

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    JYD was my favorite. Him and the Million Dollar Man, Ted DiBiase on Mid-South wrestling. Hacksaw Jim Duggan, the Oklahoma Stampede Bill Watts, Magnum T.A., Terry Gordy, Dr. Death Steve Williams, Randy "Macho Man" Savage.......and of course Miss Elizabeth (may she R.I.P. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c667fb3uChE)

--

Name:	128E0214-8FDC-4867-AA42-7C3AE9C6650A.jpeg 
Views:	13 
Size:	321.7 KB 
ID:	251598

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //