Quote Originally Posted by JustEnough View Post
There is a lot of room at the end of the DG pipe to put a muffler core in. I called DG to see if they offered a muffler core and the guy just laughed at me. I took a 8" length of electrical conduit and drilled a bunch of 1/8" holes in it and then pinched the end closed on the engine side. I MIG welded the conduit to a flange that was like a giant washer. It was about as quiet as a stock muffler and did not seem to have too muck back pressure. The MIG weld did not hold so I plan to braze the conduit to the flange so that it will hold up to the vibration. I also plan to braze a stainless steel screen like a sock over the drilled conduit to make it a spark arrestor.

I think the stock DG "muffler" is just a fiberglass lined straight pipe and sounds like a loud Harley.
I did the same DG convert that Shawn Powell did a few years ago, pulled the DG apart, re-packed with better packing and installed an HMF quiet core, then backdrilled a SuperTrapp end cap on to keep it all together. It's "slightly" quieter, but not when I really get on it, it's still loud AF.

I might just order a Universal SuperTrapp this Spring and have a customer mid pipe made and go from there. Few pics of the DG after.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0863.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	261415

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0866.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	5.4 KB 
ID:	261416