//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Supertrapp setups for 200x DG pipe

--

Supertrapp setups for 200x DG pipe

Ive seen some threads on supertrapp end caps with disc on DG pipes for a 200x. I cant find any threads that say what size they are buying or how they mount the supertrapp end to the pipe. What setups are some of you guys out there running to quite down and add a spark arrestor to the DG pipe. Just got it registered to be street legal and once the forks are rebuild and the seat cover comes in I want to take her on the streets but I'm not sure neighbor hoods will appreciate the noise. Also want to ride national forest land and need a spark arrestor. Hopefully somebody here can chime in on the parts needed to do this easily.

--
    I've never heard of attaching Supertrapp discs to the DG pipe but I suppose it could be done. I have a full Supertrapp system for my 200X. The discs are 4" and I believe there are 12 of them. I had a DG system on there before the Supertrapp. It flowed freer than the Supertrapp and was definitely louder, but the Supertrapp added more bottom end. It pulls harder off the bottom but the top may have suffered a bit. If you need individual Supertrapp parts, Dennis Kirk sells them.

--
    Thanks. I'm pretty sure I've seen some people who have modded the pipe to fit the discs. Main thing for me is a spark arrestor. More likely to get a ticket for that than being to loud. Might just pull it apart and try to find a spark arrestor I can adapt to fit.

Kryten is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I know this is not exactly what you are looking for, but here is what I did using a DG head pipe and universal Supertrapp. My ’85 200X had a full DG system, but the main mounting tab broke so I started investigating options because I wanted a spark arrestor. The DG head pipe was in good shape and was kept. I ended up buying a Supertrapp universal 4” aluminum racing series (412-15000, 1-1/2” inlet) along with stainless flexible exhaust. The Supertrapp sounds much better than the DG and of course is quieter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180518_211156.jpg   20180518_211138.jpg   20180518_211124.jpg  
    1984 ATC200S
    1984 ATC200X
    1984 ATC200M
    1985 ATC200X
    1985 ATC350X
    1985 ATC250R
    1986 ATC200X
    1987 ATC250SX
    TPC450

--
    Nice mod. I like the band clamps.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryten View Post
    I know this is not exactly what you are looking for, but here is what I did using a DG head pipe and universal Supertrapp. My ’85 200X had a full DG system, but the main mounting tab broke so I started investigating options because I wanted a spark arrestor. The DG head pipe was in good shape and was kept. I ended up buying a Supertrapp universal 4” aluminum racing series (412-15000, 1-1/2” inlet) along with stainless flexible exhaust. The Supertrapp sounds much better than the DG and of course is quieter.
    Got a link for those band clamps?
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Not a simple bolt on.You can use the 3 inch series disc and cap.I welded nuts to inside of the DG core.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    Got a link for those band clamps?

https://www.amazon.com/Supertrapp-09...LsL&ref=plSrch
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Thanks yaeg!
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

Kryten is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    A link has already been posted, but the clamps are indeed Supertrapps' (the larger one came with the muffler). The other was a bit pricey, but should hold up better than a basic hose clamp.
    1984 ATC200S
    1984 ATC200X
    1984 ATC200M
    1985 ATC200X
    1985 ATC350X
    1985 ATC250R
    1986 ATC200X
    1987 ATC250SX
    TPC450

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jays375 View Post
    Not a simple bolt on.You can use the 3 inch series disc and cap.I welded nuts to inside of the DG core.
    This sounds great. Does anyone have a picture of the supertrapp / disc assembly I have only seen pictures of them assembled and not close or in person.

--
    McMaster has those style clamps as well, check your prices guys...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryten View Post
    Reviving this thread from 2018...lol. So I'm in a similar situation. I have a full DG exhaust system on my 86 200X and I hate it, just too loud. Anybody know if the 86 200X is a 1.5" inlet? If so, I would get the one you posted. What about the flexible mid pipe. Is that available from SuperTrapp as well?

Thanks,
    Kevin
    Real men ride trikes!

--
    I put a supertrapp for a 350x on my 86 200x. I had a cobra pipe/silencer. On a side note.....I found the cobra pipe became much more pleasant after I put on a spark arrester. Well, I put the 350x supertrapp on and the lined up the cobra head pipe, its a near fit. I cut back the header some and slipped it in then tightened the clamp, its not a tight seal. I believe I have 6 or 7 discs in it. Its the shorty version, I don't know if they make it anymore. I tried it with the end cap that was on my tc shorty from my crf450r/trx250r hybrid quad, wow......loud, but still not as bad as the cobra. I did a similar thing to the supertrapp on my hybrid quad, 8? discs and closed end cap, much better riding to the ears, don't notice any power lost.

JustEnough is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    There is a lot of room at the end of the DG pipe to put a muffler core in. I called DG to see if they offered a muffler core and the guy just laughed at me. I took a 8" length of electrical conduit and drilled a bunch of 1/8" holes in it and then pinched the end closed on the engine side. I MIG welded the conduit to a flange that was like a giant washer. It was about as quiet as a stock muffler and did not seem to have too muck back pressure. The MIG weld did not hold so I plan to braze the conduit to the flange so that it will hold up to the vibration. I also plan to braze a stainless steel screen like a sock over the drilled conduit to make it a spark arrestor.

I think the stock DG "muffler" is just a fiberglass lined straight pipe and sounds like a loud Harley.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //