//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1986 ATC125M No engine, potential swap.

--

1986 ATC125M No engine, potential swap.

So, I'm brand new here. I had been looking for a project to work on with my son and ran across a 1986 ATC125M this morning with no motor this morning that I picked up for 35 bucks. This particular motor doesn't seem to be too terrible common and from what I've read, there is not much in the way of direct bolt on replacements. I ran across this thread earlier:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...0x-bottoms-end

From what I"ve read. the 200x is too tall to fit on the 125 frame, but would it be any shorter/more likely to fit if the jug and rotating assembly were swapped from a 125 to a 200 block, or is that even possible? I would have posted on the original thread, but I just registered and it won't let me. I apologize in advance for my ignorance, I have very little experience with small engines/atvs.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by cevolaj View Post
    So, I'm brand new here. I had been looking for a project to work on with my son and ran across a 1986 ATC125M this morning with no motor this morning that I picked up for 35 bucks. This particular motor doesn't seem to be too terrible common and from what I've read, there is not much in the way of direct bolt on replacements. I ran across this thread earlier:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...0x-bottoms-end

From what I"ve read. the 200x is too tall to fit on the 125 frame, but would it be any shorter/more likely to fit if the jug and rotating assembly were swapped from a 125 to a 200 block, or is that even possible? I would have posted on the original thread, but I just registered and it won't let me. I apologize in advance for my ignorance, I have very little experience with small engines/atvs.
    I'm not sure so I'm not going to answer other than to say I doubt it.

There may be other machines using the standup 125 motor that I'm not aware of

But my reply will bump the thread to the top and maybe someone else can answer like shortline10 or someone else who does know

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

daddy420big is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    there is a fourtrax atv 125 out there is you can fine one for cheap there is one in south jersey for sell

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by daddy420big View Post
    there is a fourtrax atv 125 out there is you can fine one for cheap there is one in south jersey for sell
    Do you know that engine is compatible for the ATC chassis?
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //