//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: UFO Recovered!!! NO JOKE!!!

--
    Maybe the flywheel off that red Tesla that's in orbit now ?.
    YAMAHA 450 HYBRID
    85 350X- RED
    85 350x -BLACK
    86 350x-WHITE (with Goki)
    85 250r
    83 atc 70
    84 atc 70
    84 atc 110
    09 yfz 450
    2006 Arctic Cat Prowler
    RZR XP 900

--
    It seems to me that the forces of this being bolted/coupled to something else were the issue. Something in which they used flat head screws to "locate" an item or keep it aligned perfectly, that's the job of a dowel pin, I don't see dowel pin holes.

It probably sheared the bolts before, or wasn't aligned right to begin with and then after it was hardened, they counter sunk the bolts to help align things, almost like it had broke before.

Just like your 3wheeler cases, 2 dowel pins locate the cover and the bolts merely hold the case tight to the center case. Whats another way to try to locate it? Taper the holes and use flat head cap screws/bolts.

If you didn't use dowel pins, your kickstarter wouldn't line up and you'd shear the bolts off in time...

Just a thought Cool stuff El!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Still waiting for my call back from the FAA. Typical government department. Good thing I wasn’t reporting something more serious.

I agree with you about the bolts failing once before Steve and maybe it was annealed and rehardened, but I disagree about the part needing dowel pins. To me those teeth are there for adjustment pourposes in relation to other parts that thing coupled to. The machined rings around the disc along with the teeth would be sufficient to hold the parts together without pins.

Junk bolts, over tightening, or a lack of thread sealer that allowed a bolt to come loose and get between the part and split it are my guesses as to what went wrong.
    Last edited by El Camexican; 05-05-2018 at 06:24 AM.
    It sucks to get old

--
    If it was that serious I think the men in black would have shown up, lol....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    If it was that serious I think the men in black would have shown up, lol....
    It’s definitely not Men in black worthy, but it would be lawyer in black suit worthy if it would’ve hit somebody.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Lotta stuff flying outta ol mexico nobody supposed to talk about amigo.
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!!!!

TRIKES:
    86 250r
    85 250sx
    86 250sx
    84 Yamaha 225DX - Bruins Trike
    85 Yama 225DX - The Rental!
    150cc Piranha powered 70
    110cc Lifan 70
    82 70
    83 ALT 50 Trail Buddy
    88 Yamaha BW 80
    84 z50

--
    Quote Originally Posted by redsox View Post
    Lotta stuff flying outta ol mexico nobody supposed to talk about amigo.
    This piece never made it over the fence.
    It sucks to get old

--
    It has been a month. What is the update on the mysterious Mexican flying disc?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by keister View Post
    It has been a month. What is the update on the mysterious Mexican flying disc?
    Latest I have is a pilot I sent photos to that says it looks like part of a turbo prop engine. He figures it may have come off a twin engine plane, so no crash would have occurred. FAA won't return calls and I'm swamped at work, so not much else to report.
    It sucks to get old

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //