//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 85 Honda 250sx output shaft issues

--

85 Honda 250sx output shaft issues

New here but not new to 3 wheelers. Thanks for approving my membership. I just bought a 85 250sx apart with new rear fenders and a plastic tank. The output shaft had been removed by the owner before the guy I got it from. It was slid most of the way back in but it doesn’t wanna go and I don’t wanna force and break something. Do they go in dry or do I need to tear down the block to assemble it properly? The shaft is barely sticking through the gear between the Kickstarter shaft and the trans main shaft. When I apply pressure it turns hard. I’ve had many 200s and 200x apart but nothing shaft drive. Any advice or info much appreciated.

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    If it has been pulled out you will need to split the motor. That shaft has al sorts of gears, washers, and stuff on it. Not a easy job due to all the parts must be put back on the shaft correctly.
    Howdy
    Quote Originally Posted by chriswhit123 View Post
    New here but not new to 3 wheelers. Thanks for approving my membership. I just bought a 85 250sx apart with new rear fenders and a plastic tank. The output shaft had been removed by the owner before the guy I got it from. It was slid most of the way back in but it doesn’t wanna go and I don’t wanna force and break something. Do they go in dry or do I need to tear down the block to assemble it properly? The shaft is barely sticking through the gear between the Kickstarter shaft and the trans main shaft. When I apply pressure it turns hard. I’ve had many 200s and 200x apart but nothing shaft drive. Any advice or info much appreciated.

--
    Thanks I was thinking that as I’ve done several 80s and 90’s Honda CR’s. I had it about a 1/4 inch from being all the way in. When I split the block last night nothing was floating around. It was the reverse gear bushing wouldn’t align. Just waiting for my gasket kit and then I’ll be riding this baby. Got this machine with new fiberglass rear fenders probably bad for surviving any kind of blows especially where I just wheelie to go over large down trees and it. Has a plastic tank also. Came with lots of spare parts. I was gonna upload pics but my iPhone doesn’t seem to let me

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I approve of you riding technique. When in doubt, throttle it out.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //