//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 300ex hotcam, worth it?

--

300ex hotcam, worth it?

01 4v 300ex got it a few months ago for my girlfriend, and to use a mule from time to time with chores. got it cheap because it had a pretty good rattle from the top end (almost so loud it sounded like bottom end) looks like someone did a top end on it, and didn't know what they were doing. cam gear was ready to fall off, rockers over adjusted, bolts snapped, head bolts over tightened, yeah it was a mess! anyways thinking the cam looks good, but the cam bearings do not, and were loose on the cam, thinking about the hotcams cam with bearings. but I have a feeling its going to trade bottom end oomph for top end power.. anyone have any thoughts on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by redsox View Post
    you're a genius. please keep posting so we can all learn. your 6053x is sweet. fix it up nice.

--
    I've done came on other bikes but yes a cam can help. Normally stage 1 drop in cans just make bottemend stronger nothing up top. Once you get into mid and to end cams you normally need stronger valve springs and a good port job, higher compression via piston or head decking. You can get $1000 deep east or more. Most will say just buy a bigger bike. If your valves are tired a nice 5angle grind would really help. I dumped a ton of cash into a nice 660r I got on a trade and going into the head really paid off, but I still want more power.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by oldskool83; 11-18-2020 at 08:17 AM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //