//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Performance guess.

--

Performance guess.

All right guys, here we have what we at the DaM shop call "ugly.". We picked this up a few years back from a guy that said he used to race it back in the day. We have never done anything to this trike besides switching out the stock cam. It has a hooker pipe on it, a 55 tooth sprocket and a 110 jetted carb with a k&n air filter and honestly that's all we know for sure.
    Here's our dilemma this things runs like a raped ape, wheelies, low end torque, speed and very very responsive. I am honestly at a point of riding on one wheel no lie. When you goose the throttle on this you can lift the front wheel off the ground in 2nd.
    We are stumped as to what this has in it for parts, big piston and stroker you say yeah probably so. So what we did was build another motor a 90 5 ml over bore, stroked it, aftermarket cam and exhaust, geared it the same even the carberator and jetting is identical. We were able to get close to uglys performance but honestly it's not in the same league especially with responsiveness.
    My question to you all is, what makes this thing so much more responsive then the other we have? Could it be the stroke of the crank? It kills us not knowing but she's such a great trike we don't want to tear into it to find out.. oh yeah ugly is on a stock frame the other is a nick. Still that wouldn't make up the difference in the power band..
    Any thoughts?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DAM shop View Post
    All right guys, here we have what we at the DaM shop call "ugly.". We picked this up a few years back from a guy that said he used to race it back in the day. We have never done anything to this trike besides switching out the stock cam. It has a hooker pipe on it, a 55 tooth sprocket and a 110 jetted carb with a k&n air filter and honestly that's all we know for sure.
    Here's our dilemma this things runs like a raped ape, wheelies, low end torque, speed and very very responsive. I am honestly at a point of riding on one wheel no lie. When you goose the throttle on this you can lift the front wheel off the ground in 2nd.
    We are stumped as to what this has in it for parts, big piston and stroker you say yeah probably so. So what we did was build another motor a 90 5 ml over bore, stroked it, aftermarket cam and exhaust, geared it the same even the carberator and jetting is identical. We were able to get close to uglys performance but honestly it's not in the same league especially with responsiveness.
    My question to you all is, what makes this thing so much more responsive then the other we have? Could it be the stroke of the crank? It kills us not knowing but she's such a great trike we don't want to tear into it to find out.. oh yeah ugly is on a stock frame the other is a nick. Still that wouldn't make up the difference in the power band..
    Any thoughts?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Strip the motor and find out.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Because it's got my name on it...

--
    Check the tank for Flubber
    It sucks to get old

--
    You won’t know for sure unless you break it down. Head work is something you didn’t mention... it would account for some of the difference. Lightening and balancing the rotating assembly could be a possibility as well. Compression differences? Pulling the head is not to intrusive and it would allow you to check the deck height and CC the head.

Ron

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //