//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 350x power/rpm issue

--

350x power/rpm issue

Was running fine yesterday then all of a sudden it lost power. It will idle fine, but when I give it mid to full throttle, it seems the rpms aren't going above 2000. I did notice the airbox tube was off the carb. I pulled carb and jets and sprayed out what I could, new plug and tried another CDI with no luck. Anyone have any ideas before I tear into motor? Still a stock motor with maybe 40 hours on it. Electrical, better carb cleaning,(400ex upgrade) valve???

--
    Figured I would start checking the electricals. I found the primary coil resistance to be at .7
    Manual says .16-.2
    Would to high of a resistance cause the above?

Tested a brand new coil, it read the same so my meter reads high.
    Last edited by devilman; 05-08-2018 at 06:35 AM.

--
    Think I found the issue. Under top cover of carb where needle is, the screws that hold the arm plate to the cylinder housing, to allow needle to move up and down, one screw isn't there????? And the other barely hanging on. So in turn, the needle was barely moving.

Got it put back together last night and runs great again . Not worried about missing screw. I tried to get the other screw through all openings and orifices but it would not fit through any of them. Probably hit the floor when I pulled cover off. Glad this was an easy fix!
    Last edited by devilman; 05-08-2018 at 06:33 AM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //