//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Man's best friend thread

--
    Awesome story T3!

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Good dogs are something, really. Great Dogs here in this thread guys! I will play along. When I was a child, I always wanted a dog. Predate this story to October 1976. I was 9 months old, and my great Aunt gave my brother (then 5 years old) and myself kittens for Halloween. Mine was all black and named Spooky. As I grew up (ages 7 - ?) I always wanted a dog. My parents said I couldn't have a dog until my cat passed away. That old cat lived until I was 17 years old. She was a good cat, but an outdoor cat who had plenty of stories. Fast forward to 2008 - I finally got my first dog at age 33. She is a nearly full blooded Beagle. A local breeder had an accident, and so she was 15/16 Beagle and 1/16 Springer Spaniel. She was free because she was not full blooded. I picked her from the litter as she was the runt. From then she has been my little buddy. She has some quirks as well. Her greatest quirk is she can not be left alone without me, unless at home. Once she was left at my brother's house while we went out for a few beers. When we got home, she had the carpet in front of the door all ripped up to the point you couldn't open the door to get in. And then one time, I was out of town so my GF said she could watch her at her house. They left her alone, where she proceeded to jump out a 2nd story window after chewing threw the screen. She has been destructive a few other times in her life, but her biggest asset is her sweetness. She is the kindest, most cuddly dog I have ever met. She is most content sitting on my lap chilling. She is Daisy! Her breeder is now doing time in the clink for selling meth rather than just dogs. She is the best to me. She is fast approaching 10 and starting to show signs of slowing down - but that makes lap time even better for her.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN1097.JPG   Daisy-04.JPG  
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    My first dogs were beagles. That was when I was in my early teens and I used them when I hunted rabbits. Best rabbit dogs there were. They were also the best pets. The one use to sleep in my bed under the covers at my feet all night. My mother was not real happy about that. That was 60 years ago.
    85 Big Red
    83 Big Red
    84 125m
    85 TRX 125
    73 ATC 70

--
    Quote Originally Posted by hublake View Post
    My first dogs were beagles. That was when I was in my early teens and I used them when I hunted rabbits. Best rabbit dogs there were. They were also the best pets. The one use to sleep in my bed under the covers at my feet all night. My mother was not real happy about that. That was 60 years ago.
    Daisy is always under the covers regardless of temperature. Every night she jumps up in bed and scoots her nose to get under the covers. Must be a beagle thing.
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    You guys are the best! One of the checks on my list that if you are a person of character is your love for pets. My hairy kids have that place in my heart. Anna was the biggest lap dog that I ever had. She could not get close enough to me. If I was under a car fixing something she would belly crawl just to be beside me. My lab taught her to be a better bird dog than he was. Some of my best hunting memories are of her with a big ol' grouse that I had dropped in her chops wagging her tail and walking up to me saying, "here you go dad!" I had to let her go when she was only 8, Danes are only here for such a short time but they make the most of it. She loved to sit and listen to the grandkids as well. Writing this is choking me up... gosh I miss her. My best buddy is still with me but he is close to going home. I'm going to have to make the toughest call we all eventually need to do. He is almost 13 and that is old for Labs. He got me through some very rough and dark times that no human could do. I love them so much. Like all of you, these words can't express the love and admiration. Thanks for the thread IronChop, you're awesome!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0490.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	252153

Name:	Anna with Izabella 2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	252154

Name:	0615132035c.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	314.9 KB 
ID:	252156

Name:	20170424_180121.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	624.8 KB 
ID:	252160
    Last edited by Cow Pie; 05-09-2018 at 03:15 PM.

--
    This is razz, a 12yr old cat we picked her up at a farm in western ma. Likes to bring home lots of critters including small snakes. She’s getting some sun today... but look out if her pupils? Turn large and black, she’s ready to attack and has left some battle wounds on all of us, but we wouldn’t know what to do without her.

Name:	2F7B85F6-209B-4021-8353-10079B4B6F8F.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	252161 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	39DCF9CC-006B-4236-BD1B-9F71AC03B304.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	252162 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D639DF43-2759-42A5-90F6-C267D4D12890.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	252163

Shep
    Last edited by Shep1970; 05-09-2018 at 06:32 PM.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I was laying in bed this morning when I was awoken by the sound of a bug's wings buzzing on the inside of my window but under the blind. I closed my eyes and figured it would go away, but it didn't. Every time I'd drift off to sleep it would inherently buzz again, so I opened an eye to see what we were dealing with. A honnet, great. A big one too. I have no idea how it even got in the house. If I have to wake up to handle this thing it's going to be tricky to get back to sleep and I was trying to avoid that.

Mish came over and squeezed under the covers, and it didn't take her long to pick up on the buzzing. Immediately she got up and went to the window. Inside of 30 seconds there was a bit of a bustle while she quietly wrastled the honnet to submission, then by her trot as she left the bedroom I could tell she had the offender in custody. I haven't seen or heard from that honnet since. I don't know if she ate it or what, but what a great job she did.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

poolieZerUK is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    /Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171230_094118.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	252509

This is Banjo and Noodles.

The picture montage is down to the missus I asked her to email me a pic of the dogs and this is what I got but captures some of what boxers are about.

Banjo the Red dog and sadly had to be destroyed a couple of months ago due to suffering from a brain tumour, he was only 21 months old and we were all upset.

Noodles is 11 months old now, but too soon to replace Banjo just yet.

We've had boxers going on for 22 yeas now and couldn't be without at least one boxer in our lives.

brandonlowe2 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    This is Presley.... he is going on around 10 years now...

Name:	PICT0026.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	252510
    1983 Selvy 300R - Check out the Build Thread
    1985/86 Tri-Z - Build Thread Coming Soon
    1985 Tri-Z
    1986 250sx
    1985 ATC70
    1985 ATC 200M

Youtube Channel "Lowe Off Road"

- Brandon

--
    I worked at a local university years back. There was a neighbor next to one of the dorms that had a pure bread female german shepard dog. I remeber it was extremley cold that year sub zero temps for weeks on end. This poor dog was outside in those temps daily on a 10' chain, no shelter and water that would freeze and the dog had to hit with her nose to break the ice to get a drink. The owner would toss out a handful of white bread for food. The dog was very under weight. It didn't take long for me and a buddy to call the humane society, they must have come out and told the lady the dog needs a shelter. Well a shelter did go up it looked like 1 full sheet of plywood cut 3 sides and a roof, the dog wouldn't even go into it. we called again and again each time the humane society coming out making this lady do a little more each time. After the third call I told my buddy " if you took that dog I would bring it home to the farm" well that morning (we worked third shift) my buddy say's "I need to show you something in back of your truck" I opened the topper door and there was this dog, tail wagging and very friendly. Well what else could I do but bring her home. We named her Bandit, we fed her, we gave her a place to stay. After a trip to our vet and a month later she had gained all of her natural weight back, she was around 3 years old at the time and was 110 pounds, very big for a female.
    As the story goes this was one of most loyal dogs we ever owned, very trainable and loyal to my family. As i said we lived on a farm, we had one neighbor (a retired cop) he had chickens, geese, two dogs, a cow and a horse. Being that we recued Bandit from an abusive home I didn't have it in me to keep her chained up, she had the run of 80 acres, she always came when called. Bandit started to take a liking to that neighbors chickens 5-6 I suppose it was, each time I would say that cop is gonna shoot you. I knew it was only a matter of time before that cop came pounding on my door or took it upon him self to protect his flock. He never did, not one word to me, Heck in 13 years I don't thing he even spoke one word to me. One day I came home, white feathers littered our yard, blood all over the face of bandit, I knew this was it, I could not allow this to go on. So I asked around and found a guy Ronnie that owned a local concrete company and had always had shepards and the last he had just passed away. Ronnie came to visit fell in love with Bandit and took her back to his 8' gated in warehouse. That lasted all of one day, Bandit had climbed on top of a truck ( she always had a thing for this) and jumped over that 8' fence, someone found her seen my vet tag on her bought her back to the farm and chained her up, hahaha. I called Ronnie he expalined to me what had happened and was on his way back out to pick her up.
    I would pay Bandit visits daily then weekly and monthly. The last time I went to visit she was gone, Ronnie expalined to me that off all the shepards he has owned that this by far was the best. His grandchildren loved that dog so much that Ronnie ended up bringing her home, giving her all the comforts of indoor and outdoor living with plenty of love. Bandit has since passed away of old age, but I miss her, I loved her. I watched this dog catch birds, jump rows of beans, catch and swallow mice whole, catch and bury and move and bury again possum, coons and snakes.

R.I.P Bandit

--
    Sadly, ten days after I posted the pic of my Rott, I had to put her to sleep (bone cancer).

I have adopted another rescue, 1/2 Rott 1/2 Lab, nine months old, she seems to like it here with me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MonroeMike View Post
    Sadly, ten days after I posted the pic of my Rott, I had to put her to sleep (bone cancer).
    Sorry for your loss, Mike

phreakboy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Our two St Bernards.

Name:	o&f.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	108.8 KB 
ID:	253062
    1971 ATC90
    1984 200s
    1983 Autox
    1985 200x
    198? Yamaha 125
    (2) 1985 250sx's

1974 Trail 70
    1991 Honda Cub90
    1974 Yamaha 125 Dirtbike
    1972 Kawasaki 175 Dirtbike
    (2) 1980 Chrysler Sno-Runner

(7) 85-87 Toyota Mr2s

(2) 1985 Dodge Ramchargers
    1968 Mustang
    1972 Beetle
    2004 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI

--
    Quote Originally Posted by phreakboy View Post
    Our two St Bernards.

Name:	o&f.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	108.8 KB 
ID:	253062
    Haha...you can tell they're well-behaved dogs because they could just step over that kiddie gate if they wanted to

phreakboy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    Haha...you can tell they're well-behaved dogs because they could just step over that kiddie gate if they wanted to

Lol yes they are very well behaved, but they definitely can be a handful.
    1971 ATC90
    1984 200s
    1983 Autox
    1985 200x
    198? Yamaha 125
    (2) 1985 250sx's

1974 Trail 70
    1991 Honda Cub90
    1974 Yamaha 125 Dirtbike
    1972 Kawasaki 175 Dirtbike
    (2) 1980 Chrysler Sno-Runner

(7) 85-87 Toyota Mr2s