//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Man's best friend thread

--

Man's best friend thread

Post pet pics
    Last edited by ironchop; 11-20-2018 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Removal of personal photos

--
    Meet Chispa the hormonal b*tch who thinks she’s people.

Goes into heat every three or four months, won’t let a male near her and then has a false pregnancy after which she buries her toys because she thinks they are dead puppies (won’t ever touch them again either, have to replace them) and then swells up with milk that I have to squeeze out Ben Stiller style because she’s crying and laying in one place for days.

Happens so often I can’t even get her in to the vet for an operation because they don’t want to do it while she’s in whatever state of heat or false pregnancy and I travel a lot and seem to come home at the wrong times.

She had no issues till she was about 5 years old, now she’s 12 and it’s a constant cycle. I really need to get her fixed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	845DD92A-4109-4E14-8E4C-A05B7A00A324.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	252091

Doug, background of the last photo tells me to call ahead before knocking on your door unexpectedly.
    Last edited by El Camexican; 05-06-2018 at 12:03 PM.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Pizza cow marker
    Last edited by ironchop; 11-20-2018 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Personal

--

Name:	nash3.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	252093

Meet Nash. Pic was just after he was groomed. 11 years old now. Age is showing as he has a hard time getting up the back porch stairs. Just finished cleaning up the recycled dogfood in my yard...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

6bt is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Here's mine and my wife's. Koko the Akita, and Odie the pit.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

--
    This is Fredo, Chispa's wanna be lover. He's about a smart as a bag of s, but he loves me like no other dog ever has. Little Chispa is the only dog he doesn't try to kill because when he was a pup she laid down the law and he still sees her as dominate even though he outweighs her by about 10 to 1 now. He probably should read the Red Pill thread.

He has a bark that makes whoever rings my door bell jump back three feet. He only know one word "sit" but he does it so obediently and looks so noble on his hinds that everyone thinks he's been professionally trained

He loves to fight, doesn't care about the size, race or sex (no wonder he never gets laid), can't let him off the chain ever when out walking, had some close calls in the park when he was younger and I "thought" I had control of him. He also wreaks havoc on my lawn, digs up plants and requires me to be on shovel duty twice a day and his eyes with their triple eyelids need drops everyday now that's he's older. I think I got him in mid 2009, so he's pretty old for a boxer. I will be very sad when he goes. I wish he could have lived on a farm, loves to run and jump.

Name:	Fredo.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	252096
    It sucks to get old

--
    My Rott watching TV with me, best dog I've ever had (number 6).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails chair.jpg  

--
    Mr. Pickles hanging out in his catnip bed.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180503_182430.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	252106

Joker 90
    1970 Honda US90- aquarius blue
    1981 Yamaha YT125
    1986 Yamaha Big Wheel 80
    1986 Kawasaki Tecate KXT500
    1987 Kawasaki KXT250B2
    2005 Yamaha YFZ450

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

Man's best friend thread

I love all animals but I've always preferred cats over dogs. I've met some great dogs, but I think cats are smarter. A cat's respect is earned, not given as readily as a dog will. I can also leave my cat for days at a time which you cannot do with a dog. She doesn't like it when I go away but she will be fine. She can tell when I'm getting ready to leave and she knows the difference between me going out for the day or me leaving for a week before I actually depart. She spends a lot of time with me while I'm awake and also sleeps with me most nights. She gets right under the blanket and lies with me like another person. She knows when I'm going to the bathroom or downstairs to do laundry or the kitchen, and she prefers to drink from the sink and makes it very clear when she wants me to turn it on. She can also tell me when she needs food, when the litter box is dirty, or when she'd like to go outside. She doesn't like when my phone or laptop is taking precedence over her need for attention, so she'll get in between myself and whatever device, then she'll "accidentally" step on the mouse or keyboard to cause mayhem on the screen. More than once she's sent my computer to places I needed help to get out of and I don't know how.

She's been with me since 2004 when myself and my girlfriend at the time adopted her. She was never crazy about the girlfriend, she always loved me. She's had other pets around but begrudgingly tolerated them, she prefers to be the only one. She gets jealous of women sometimes and doesn't spend much time out when they're around. She rides around on my shoulder regardless of what I'm doing. Dishes, laundry, cooking, ing, whatever. She has to be in the bathroom when I shower as well.

If you don't know her and you try to pet her, you might regret it. If she approaches you, you're all set, but if you try to make that decision for her watch your fingers. If you try to make any decisions for her watch your fingers. We communicate quite well with each other. We both know what each other are saying. Dogs bark their heads off if there's an intruder. They also bark their heads off for absolutely no reason. Cats don't meow when they're alone. Cats meow to communicate, not just for shites and to bother people.

I don't have to wash her or take her to the park. I don't have to let her out every four hours or concern myself (to an extent) with her getting lonely. She's very independent yet still relies on me. She is spoiled here, she loves the wood stove and all her little habits.

Her name is Meeshka, or Mish.

https://youtu.be/HsJynJK27h0
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 05-07-2018 at 01:05 AM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Joobers ( aka Ginger ) is an American Bully,
    Mocha is a Staffordshire Terrier (aka da tiny one..)

All items in this pic have been deemed extremely vicious by wussies..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170610_181200.jpg  
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MonroeMike View Post
    My Rott watching TV with me, best dog I've ever had (number 6).
    This picture struck me as very amusing. He sits like a person. I had to look twice to see if he was holding a remote.

--
    Beau RIP My Very Best Friend.

Name:	Beau.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	437.8 KB 
ID:	252113

Bella My Other Very Best Friend.

Name:	Bella.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	555.4 KB 
ID:	252114
    * 1978 ATC 90/180 Pauter PJ1 / Springer "Team BAPP" Bike *

* 1980 ATC 110/180 "Danny's Machine Works" 3D Sprint Dune Bike *

* Nicholson 500 Race Bike *

* HPATC Yamaha RD350 "Big Moe" Trike *

--
    IClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170716_065645839.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	252124

Keisha in her chair, our blue eyed husky

--
    I tried to write this yesterday but was exhausted. This post deserves so much more than the half ass paragraph I was going to write so I decided to wait and type it out tonight. Its times like this i wish i was fabio and could narrate an incredible story. I dont have that gift so please bare with me. My dog Socrates ( Socko for short) was the absolute best dog in the history of the world. I'm not joking, although I feel sorry for people who say it about their dog. I guess I have to start at the beginning.

I was dating this chick in high school and was in love and all that BS, she was younger than me so when I went away to college we had some problems with the distance. Mainly neither of us not being able to not F#*= other people. So we bought a dog, that seemed like a good idea at the time. My brother had a pug and it was a good dog, so we decided to get one. We went to a breeder to see the last puppy from the litter, he was 14 weeks old. He was a black pug, which was different but didn't bother us. We met with the breeder for a couple minutes in the driveway, then walked to words the house. Someone opened the door and he ran out at mach 2, right to me where he rolled over and demanded I pet his belly. That was how Soco picked me.

14 weeks is very old for a puppy to be sold, and his name there was Lucky so I figure he had some sort of problem. Probably major, which was never revealed.

Soco grew to be a tall and slender pug, which is abnormal from the short fat stereotype. He was a ball of energy, absolutely loved me, but had some quirks that were becoming apparant. His ribs constantly showed ,but despite any expensive food, he didn't give care about eating. Finally, a year into owning him I discovered that if I rolled his kibble across the floor one at a time he'd think it was a game and eat it. I did this for a couple years, although his slender figure never gave way. He also cowered when people would pet him, which was outputting because they thought he was beaten. I had to explain many times that hebhad a great home, it was just something wierd that he did.

At college he was the absolute best. He had a charisma about him, people I knew my whole life that hated "toy dogs" were won over by him. Idk what it was, he was just special. One time in the boredom of college we decided to try and capture him in our living room. We set up a laundry basket, complete with a prop stick, and string tied to that stick. Loony toons style. We sat for 3 hours laughing hysterically at him pawing and howling at the ham we put under the basket. He never went in, but had a healthy fear of laundry baskets after.

Midway through college my GF and I broke up (shocker). We had a bit of a custody battle over Soco, but worked a deal out where we would both keep him part time. It was during this period that he became the greatest wing man I'd ever known. Ladies couldnt resist his charm. That dog was solely responsible for many late night cardio sessions. Sometimes he'd lay on the floor, other times he'd sit in bed and high five me. One of his 2 tricks.

Enter my wife, the best woman I've ever know. He was jealous of her at first, and when her and I would cuddle on the couch he made sure to get between us. This lasted a couple weeks before he accepted her as his. After that he protected her. He chased a 120 lb black lab showing his teeth and growling. No lie. He went after a blue heeler once too but i grabbed him so he wouldn't get killed.

If any of you have been around pugs you know they all have their own quirks. He had many. The food one was very strange for his breed. Even after we got over the hate of food, he never ate to excess. He was the kind of dog that had a full bowl at all times and would nibble when he wanted. And when I say nibble, I mean take a mouth full of food, run to me, spit it all on the floor and eat it one by one. Another odd thing was that he would watch tv with us and wait for an animal to appear. Once it did, he would fly 90 mph at the tv and try to jump in it. Any animal, it didn't matter. Horses were the worst though. How can dogs distinguish different animals? Idk. But he hated them all on tv.

When my wife and I got our house, he lived next door to real horses, cows, sheep, chickens, etc. He loved to walk over and check them out. Bucky the bull (Texas Longhorn) liked him and would lick him. The horses that he hated so much on tv? He was pretty scared of them in real life. But he always went to the fence and would sniff noses with them. He had a great time during this stage. My wife often took him for walks, one time she was by a fox den and a fox puppy came out. Soco looked up and was nose to nose with it, she said they both froze, sniffed once and the baby fox booked it back into the hole. Which reminds me of another quirk. Soco had an incredible nose, for a breed that doesn't have a nose. He had it to the ground constantly, and could track the fox that would come in our back yard.

Part of my job is being out of town for long periods of time. When I was single my parents would take care of him. He loved my mother, she was his #3 favorite. Me being number 1, my wife 2, and my sister in law 4. He was very specific. When he stayed at my parents he would walk himself downstairs at night and go to sleep in my water bed. In the late morning, when he felt like getting up, he'd walk upstairs to be let our. He could no lie hold his bladder for 15 hours, which was great for a lazy guy like me. Another quirk, he loved my dirty socks. It wasn't why we knock named him Soco, just a coincidence. One time I counted 27 dirty socks that he collected from the laundry and put on the bed. He was sleeping in the middle of them.

Now for the sad part, but what I find the most incredible part of his story as the years go by. He was in good health right up till the last year. He started to walk slower, run very little, and his eyes got cloudy. I saw it happen and knew he was fading. I had to leave for work in late March and wouldn't be home for a couple months, I was worried I wouldn't be there for him when he passed. Sometime the end of April my wife called and said he was in a sort of coma. He was snoring like he was sleeping, but wouldn't wake up. She took him to the vet, who is a family friend and she couldn t find anything wrong. He snapped out of it but we scared of everything. I finally made it home the Thursday before mothers day, 3 years ago. He cried like he always did when I got home, we sat by the fire place and all caught up. We went to bed, my wife woke up to got to work and Soco and I stayed in bed. I woke up a couple hours later and he was still snoring away, I tried to get him up but he wouldnt wake up. I took him back to the same vet and she found a large lump in his abdomen, she figured it was cancer. It was one of the first places she checks so she knew she didn't miss it the first time. I brought him home, and my sister who is a vet tech put him to sleep. It was terrible but peaceful at the same time. The friggin guy waited for me to get home. I'll never forget him and I don't want another dog because I only judge them against him. He was one of a kind.

Thanks for making this post, I enjoyed writing about Soco. I remembered a lot of things that had slipped from my memory. I hope you all get a dog like him once

I'll add some photos of the dude soon, it's not working right now

Name:	FB_IMG_1525838997852.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	252145

Name:	20170415_010626.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	252146
    Last edited by 86T3; 05-09-2018 at 12:15 AM.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Thanks for sharing your story T3. Glad you got to spend time with your best friend before he passed.

Joker 90
    1970 Honda US90- aquarius blue
    1981 Yamaha YT125
    1986 Yamaha Big Wheel 80
    1986 Kawasaki Tecate KXT500
    1987 Kawasaki KXT250B2
    2005 Yamaha YFZ450

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //