//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: intro

--

intro

just a intro fyi got my first 3 banger a brand new 79 110 and was hooked from the word go. owned many since and still have 4 in the stable... just doing my part to keep three wheeler and what they mean to me alive because with 2 wheels I need more with 4 wheels life is a bore.

--
    Welcome!

From Tennessee?

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    yes the dreaded west side

--
    Quote Originally Posted by KBG View Post
    yes the dreaded west side
    Ha! Depends on who you're asking

I'm near Alvaton KY which is south of Bowling Green and fifteen minutes north of the state line. My son just moved down near Columbia

--
    I'm just south of Jackson in Chester County and the Sweetlips Ridge Runners which I am currently the only member left from the 80's I guess it's sad to some that I can't get out of the past but it was just like drinking beer around the camp fire all those years ago... I was the last one standing?

--
    Oh yeah I've been to Columbia and all over Tennessee but there is nothing like home I guess.

--
    Yeah I'm 47 and I liked the past quite a bit too.

my son and four other millennials I know are now into trikes. Of course they have a much different idea of the 70s and 80s than those of us who lived it.

Trikes are now fashionable anyway. Like classic cars or motorcycles. Since nearly everyone doesn't know any better, most ppl think trikes were banned and destroyed or you would die from simply riding one across a flat grassy lot. Danger is appealing so naturally, they're seeing a big resurgence in interest.

Next thing to go huge will be the used lawn darts market. I sure miss those too.

--
    for sure that reminds me when I almost ripped some toes off on a dang slip and slide... those were the days Dr. on speed dial.

--
    Hey KBG!
    I'm from the dreaded West Side as Well. You being from Tn know what I'm talking about.
    Welcome to 3WW.
    * 1978 ATC 90/180 Pauter PJ1 / Springer "Team BAPP" Bike *

* 1980 ATC 110/180 "Danny's Machine Works" 3D Sprint Dune Bike *

* Nicholson 500 Race Bike *

* HPATC Yamaha RD350 "Big Moe" Trike *

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Farrow View Post
    Hey KBG!
    I'm from the dreaded West Side as Well. You being from Tn know what I'm talking about.
    Welcome to 3WW.
    you know this, good to hear from you Joseph.

--
    Sounds like we need to hear the story about the "Dreaded West Side"

And welcome from another old timer!

--
    Remember when us kids did not have to be in a special seat and all trussed up like a NASCAR driver while dad drove with a beer between his legs and a cig in the steering hand while mom made a baloney sandwich (gasp! baloney?) on white bread (gasp!!! even louder, white bread??) and handed it to us out the truck window while we rode in the pickup bed sitting on the wheel well? I do... and I loved it!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Pie View Post
    Remember when us kids did not have to be in a special seat and all trussed up like a NASCAR driver while dad drove with a beer between his legs and a cig in the steering hand while mom made a baloney sandwich (gasp! baloney?) on white bread (gasp!!! even louder, white bread??) and handed it to us out the truck window while we rode in the pickup bed sitting on the wheel well? I do... and I loved it!
    He said "speed dial" and I'm still trying to figure out how we speed-dialed a rotary phone in 1978

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    He said "speed dial" and I'm still trying to figure out how we speed-dialed a rotary phone in 1978

Speed dial was asking one of your neighbors, who was one of six households that shared a party or single phone line with you, to dial the number while you stood there and bled! Thanks for pointing it out Mr Chop!

--
    Idk...I'm not that old, but i'm old enough to have ridden on the tractor axle gripping the fender with one hand, and holding the rope to release the scoop with the other cause i was small enough to fit between the seat and the fender. And thank God for that little strip of vinyl padding around the top of the dash on a C10. LOL

Welcome KBG
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //