//ArrowChat Code

Thread: chinese replacement carb for atc70 questions

--

chinese replacement carb for atc70 questions

I have had the carb off my sons ATC 70 several times and cleaned VERY thoroughly each time and still cannot get it to idle without leaving the choke partially on. Adjusting the air screw or the idle screw has no effect at all. This carb is a Keihin and probably original to this 1985 machine. Anybody have a suggestions? Anybody had ANY luck with ANY of the Chinese carbs on Ebay? Is there one that is as a "better grade" of Chinese junk? Appreciate any feedback and thanks, Walt~

--
    I got one of those ebay carbs for $20. Bolted it on, worked great. Didn't even rejet it.
    YAMAHA 450 HYBRID
    85 350X- RED
    85 350x -BLACK
    86 350x-WHITE (with Goki)
    85 250r
    83 atc 70
    84 atc 70
    84 atc 110
    09 yfz 450
    2006 Arctic Cat Prowler
    RZR XP 900

--
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLIN View Post
    I got one of those ebay carbs for $20. Bolted it on, worked great. Didn't even rejet it.
    Thanks Bob,,, what brand or manufacturer name or which seller or do you think they're all about the same? I heard somewhere that the "Caltric"s were good but I always kinda looked at most of this stuff as probably nicer looking packaging only and more money for the same stuff? thanks again, Walt~

--
    I don't know about the brand name. It was about 4 years ago and its still going strong. Though I admit the 70 doesn't get used much. The 70's aren't exactly performance machines so I don't think a high quality carb would make much of a difference. I just bought the cheapest one I could find just to take a chance, and it worked out.
    YAMAHA 450 HYBRID
    85 350X- RED
    85 350x -BLACK
    86 350x-WHITE (with Goki)
    85 250r
    83 atc 70
    84 atc 70
    84 atc 110
    09 yfz 450
    2006 Arctic Cat Prowler
    RZR XP 900

--
    We've had this discussion on here before concerning Chinese carbs. Pretty inconsistent from carb to carb in my opinion.. stick with a stock carb and rebuild it especially if the bike is stock.. the stock carbs worked that's why the builders put them on..
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonslayr View Post
    I have had the carb off my sons ATC 70 several times and cleaned VERY thoroughly each time and still cannot get it to idle without leaving the choke partially on. Adjusting the air screw or the idle screw has no effect at all. This carb is a Keihin and probably original to this 1985 machine. Anybody have a suggestions? Anybody had ANY luck with ANY of the Chinese carbs on Ebay? Is there one that is as a "better grade" of Chinese junk? Appreciate any feedback and thanks, Walt~
    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    [QUOTE=DAM shop;1477798]We've had this discussion on here before concerning Chinese carbs. Pretty inconsistent from carb to carb in my opinion.. stick with a stock carb and rebuild it especially if the bike is stock.. the stock carbs worked that's why the builders put them on..

Thanks guys,,,, I found a "Shindy" rebuild kit which I HOPE was made in Japan! I will rebuild as soon as I get in a week and will post as to how it all goes! Thanks again, Walt~

--
    I would also make sure the intake is not leaking. This would have an effect on how it runs.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    thanks again everybody,,, What I did was to find a "Shindy" rebuild kit (Made in Japan) and I re-cleaned and replaced all of the used parts and put it back together and she fired and ran decently after the first three pulls! I screwed with the adjustments and after about five minutes I let my son take it for a spin and it ran perfectly!!! In addition to the carb needing rebuilt, the coil was dying AND the points needed to be replaced. Again I managed to find points and condenser that were NOS HONDA. What a beautiful thing!! Thanks again, Walt~
    Quote Originally Posted by DAM shop View Post
    We've had this discussion on here before concerning Chinese carbs. Pretty inconsistent from carb to carb in my opinion.. stick with a stock carb and rebuild it especially if the bike is stock.. the stock carbs worked that's why the builders put them on..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //