//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Class C RV

--
    I have the same Fleetwood model motorhome, different floor plan 5 years older than the one your looking at, it's 440 Dodge. These models arn't known for gas mileage, 5 mpg going down hill. Always needs some type of minor maintenance/repairs. A couple things that stand out to me are first the wheels and tires, look like two type of wheels, if they are 16.5 inch diameter there harder to find and not the best for holding air. Next item that concerns me is the black and gray water tank conditions. Don't know if your state does smog checks for tags and registration, we here in the state of "Captain Moonbeem" with the train to now where, need smog checks on all vehicles dating back too '76, cost more to have done. Mine does what i need for, tow my toys to the desert, keep me out of the wind/sand storms, rain and most important keep the beer cold. Can't beat the price.....

"HJ" Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oldfogey.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.2 KB 
ID:	252508

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 Wheel Drive View Post
    I went back to see if they got the keys. I don’t think those homeless people are really trying to sell it. I get the feeling that there trying to figure out how scam someone out of some cash one way or another. There’s different story’s on why they can’t get ahold of the owner and the keys. I saw a pkg of needles in one of the cabinets, someone was sleeping on the passenger seat when I first got there....

It really looks like skid row in that part of Seattle, 14th Ave & 51st Ave. There’s around 15 similar RVs parked in the area and just as many pick up trucks that are piled high with homeless junk. The tabs were long expired, that RV is finna get impounded. I’ll just stick to my trusty tent for the next trip with the boys.
    This comment screams, "Walk away" to me. Go with your gut.

--
    and aside from everything else papa georgio.......

If it's been in the homeless/drug addicted/mentally unstable crowd I would really be concerned with diseases like Hep-C, Hand-foot-mouth, scavies...and everything else that is easily communicable within that crowd

--
    I showed it to Barnett, he thinks it just needs a fuel filter and timing adjusted.
    Did he happen to mention anything about it needing a single spot lamp mounted just to the left of center on top of the hood?

Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    If it's been in the homeless/drug addicted/mentally unstable crowd I would really be concerned with diseases like Hep-C, Hand-foot-mouth, scavies...and everything else that is easily communicable within that crowd
    I’ve been aware of the dangers of “van aerial” disease after hearing about a guy that got impaled on one while riding his bike, but did not know that you could get them from a motor home as well.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    and aside from everything else papa georgio.......

I just pictured myself with a warm bucket of soapy water n a sponge washing this dumpster out..... After reading Knappy comments I’ll think every used RV is like climbing into a homeless mans hand me down sleeping bag.

The homeless pit crew called me at 11:30 last night all excited they got it running. I’m gonna pass on it.

--
    I Pull out of any shady deal 10/10 .

--
    After reading Knappy comments I’ll think every used RV is like climbing into a homeless mans hand me down sleeping bag.
    Yeah, I think it’s safe to say Knappy would have a tough time making it as a used RV salesman.
    It sucks to get old

--
    That's a negative ghost rider the pattern is full. You'd be better off with a towable camper, whether pop-up, hard side, expandable, or fifth wheel all depends on if you have a tow vehicle. Even still if you didn't have a truck or whatever, they make small pop-ups that can be towed by motorcycles or small cars. We used a 90's Taurus to tow a dutchman popup back in 2000, all we did extra was add a transmission radiator to the car.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //