//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Busted the sleeve in Tri-Z jug

3Z with Fangs! is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Busted the sleeve in Tri-Z jug

Seems I can't post anywhere else so here I am. Piston didn't would not come out of my cylinder tonight. Tried tapping with the base if a wooden to remove the Piston. Ended up in a busted sleeve at bdc. Who can fix this and is it time to go to a bigger bore while I'm at it spending money. Gonna need a sleeve and piston and might as well have it ported. Somebody point me in the right direction please, thanks.

--
    You busted the iron liner in the cylinder? You don’t “fix” it, you have a new sleeve pressed in and start with an OEM bore size so you have lots of bores left in that cylinder. I have had good luck with LA sleeve. I would give them a call.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

3Z with Fangs! is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Yessir, that's exactly what happened. After taking a closer look it appears that the sleeve had a fracture and the ring caught it on the way out, popping the bottom of the sleeve. I'm thinking either LA SLEEVE 879 I think is the number or having a big bore done. I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of people who still do big but kits for these?

--
    Klemm vintage does big bore kits for the Yamaha. Rob Selvy will also do a big bore mod.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    I've emailed Klemm, do you have any contact info for Rob? Thank you

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Z with Fangs! View Post
    is it time to go to a bigger bore
    It's always a Goodtime to go BigBore the best thing nobody but the dudes in the dust might question the bore. Looks wise the outside will apear stock. Depending on what's your style do you need it? Most don't for many reasons the stock cc work in a wide range of elements. It's the 10% of those that want more than the adverage when it comes time to lay it down. It's closing speed, come from behind, first up the hill call it motor ego...It's nice to have.

--
    If the sleeve was already cracked, then it's a good thing that it broke now instead of while you were riding. That would have caused a big mess. I'm sure that yaegeerb has seen his fair share of that kind of messes. I know of one that I got to witness (sort of) it happen.

--
    I have my machine back up and running really good. Now I'm looking for something. Isn't there supposed to be an engine mount bolt that runs through frame rail to frame rail on the very bottom? I'm missing it if anyone can help me out. Thank you.

Outlaw #24 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    So what did you do to get it up and running? You asked for advice and it was given but people like me want to know what you did? thanks

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //