//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: At what point in time were 3 wheelers as cheap as they had ever been?

--
    Back in the late 80s early 90s alot of people were practically giving them away in fear of repercussion from the Government. Good ol scare tactics.
    250r rules

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Canadian View Post
    I understand where he is now. I would not think that many ATC's hit the island. ATC's there now are somewhat rare. Like Canada.
    I used to import them to Australia every six months. Renting brand new Dodge Caravans and pulling out the rear seats then hitting the Recycler head office at 4.30am on Thursdays to get them straight off the press to snaffle the bargains. Loading the ATC's into a brand new people carrier certainly got some looks from the sellers. Kept them secures while also buying early Mustang coupes and convertibles.
    Last edited by greenhuman; 05-29-2018 at 11:33 PM.

--
    Early 90's. As a dealer I had to keep quads around to sell I passed on a gorgeous 86 350X 9 miles from me. Piece in the carb that hits the idle adjustment was broke off. Bike needed cleaned and serviced. He was at $250,I was at $225. Left it there Cpl weeks later. 2 Tecates.Needed EVERY bearing and bushing. Every last one. They were clapped. $400 for the pair. I left them Fast Forward today. I've paid as much as a modest house for quite a few...Life..
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhuman View Post
    I used to import them to Australia every six months. Renting brand new Dodge Caravans and pulling out the rear seats then hitting the Recycler head office at 4.30am on Thursdays to get them straight off the press to snaffle the bargains. Loading the ATC's into a brand new people carrier certainly got some looks from the sellers. Kept them secures while also buying early Mustang coupes and convertibles.
    What did you pay to get the trikes to Australia?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    As others have mentioned - mid 90's. Not only were they priced low at that point in time, but they were only on average 8-12 year old machines.
    1985 Honda ATC 250ES
    1985 Honda ATC 250SX
    1984 Honda ATC 200M
    1983 Honda ATC 200
    1984 Honda ATC 110

--
    ^^^^ Yep, mid 90's.
    Nobody was racing them at that time.
    They weren't old enough to have the 'vintage' factor yet.
    And they hadn't become trendy yet, like they are today.
    At some point in the last decade, trikes became popular again -- or maybe that is just my perception.

But I will say this. Don't let the asking prices on Craigslist or Facebook lead you to believe they are selling that high. I've seen no evidence.
    My friends are still getting good deals. Just have to know where to look and sometimes get a little lucky.

--
    In 1989 I owned both an 85, and an 86 200X, and it was hard to get 600$ for each of them. I was 19 y.o.

In the next few years they got even cheaper. The "those are banned" didn't help much and was thrown around allot back then; And still is today...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

6bt is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Love the insight guys, very interesting.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

--
    Bought an 86 200s for $170 a few days ago, didn't come with lights, air box, or useable plastics but I got it running and riding in 3 or 4 hours. And bought a really nice set of used aftermarket rear plastics for $75.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_2268004819879516.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	222.8 KB 
ID:	254664

--
    A few years ago now i bought and sold 8 3wheelers in one summer. 2 of those 8 were a 200x and a 250r for 80 bucks they were ruff but both started and ran after a tank and carb cleaning.

Deals are out there but gotta be quick and constantly searching. Bought a 185s 2 weeks ago for $100 needed a carb, it was missing.
    Last week picked up a 200x roller for $250 im now making an Auto-x

--
    Back around 93-94 my best friend bought an absolutely perfect 86 ATC 250R so he could try to keep up with my 86 Fourtrax 250R (which I still own!). He paid $700.00 - rode it for a year and sold it for less. I really wish I bought that one!

efhondakid is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    My dad sold his 86 250R in 88 for $1200. All kinds of trick parts from the hay days. He said after the 250R and LT250 quads came out people quit racing trikes and nobody wanted them. He still kicks himself in the ass for getting rid of it but there was no way to know that they would have made such a come back.
    2 in the back, 1 in the front.

--
    I would love to own an 86 Fourtrax 250R. I think vintage quads are gonna come back as well.

I remember when a neighbor got his boys two Quadsport 230's back in 1985 or whatever year they first came out. We all rode the hell out of those new quads. Was nowhere near as sketchy as the trikes we were used to. I liked the sideways kicker. I never see any for sale anymore though.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    I would love to own an 86 Fourtrax 250R. I think vintage quads are gonna come back as well.

I remember when a neighbor got his boys two Quadsport 230's back in 1985 or whatever year they first came out. We all rode the hell out of those new quads. Was nowhere near as sketchy as the trikes we were used to. I liked the sideways kicker. I never see any for sale anymore though.

I just bought a clean 86 Quadsport earlier this year really cheap. There's a ton of them for sale up here in CT!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post

Haha. I was interested in a Quadsport last week. Guy was selling local. 1990. No rear brakes but in good condition for $700 CAD. Had ownership. I should have jumped on it. I got to much on the go. Need to sell off some crap in my garage first.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //