//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: At what point in time were 3 wheelers as cheap as they had ever been?

6bt is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

At what point in time were 3 wheelers as cheap as they had ever been?

Got to thinking today. When was the cheapest time to buy a 3 wheeler since they were made? After the 'ban'? Early 90s? Late 90s? I wasn't really around for it as I was born in '84, and didn't get interested in them until the late 90s. I remember seeing a mint big red at an estate auction for $300, in the mid 90s.

What was the the average price of a atc250r when the were least desirable?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

--
    When I was 9, 1989, my grandmothers neighbor had 2 mint 86 250r’s with title chained to his tree. My dad could have bought both of them for 600.00. We still kick ourselves for not buying them. My opinion the late 80s to mid 90s were the lowest. They have slowly been creeping since then and have been blown out of the water the past 5-7 years.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

daddy420big is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    i was born in 83 and back when i was in high school i use to get free trikes like the 110 and 185s and stuff like

taz is offline First Time Rider Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --
    I dont know bought a klt110 running for $25. Thats about the cheapest i have ever bought one.Mind you it is not mint by any means but not to bad eather

--
    Well, just for reference I got my 86 and 87 Tecates in the early 2000s. I'd say their condition was 7 out of 10. I paid around $1400 for each, which was about $1000 cheaper than when they were new. Nowadays the same machines in the same condition will go for 4 to 6 grand. In 1996 I paid $2200 for a cherry 86 250R. Again, today the same machine would go for about 5 grand.

--
    From my experience '93' to '98. I bought around 100 water coolers and 350x's in that time period. Most were one owners and in perfect condition. Very rarely paid over $1,000 each.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhuman View Post
    From my experience '93' to '98. I bought around 100 water coolers and 350x's in that time period. Most were one owners and in perfect condition. Very rarely paid over $1,000 each.
    Interesting. Where did you live @ the time?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Canadian View Post
    Interesting. Where did you live @ the time?
    Australia by the looks of it

--
    I just got lucky on it, but I bought my 350X for $350 back in '03. The guy didn't realize what he had. The rear caliper was off since it needed to be rebuilt. It came with everything to rebuild it except for a crush washer. A guy I knew rebuilt it for $20 since it had everything and he was trying to get his own shop off the ground.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bt View Post
    Australia by the looks of it

I understand where he is now. I would not think that many ATC's hit the island. ATC's there now are somewhat rare. Like Canada.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Canadian View Post
    I understand where he is now. I would not think that many ATC's hit the island. ATC's there now are somewhat rare. Like Canada.
    Canada for sure. Big money for ratty 250rs if you can find them.

Back in 98' or so, I bought my 84' 250r from a neighbor.. very ratty, almost no plastics left..$250. sold it for $1050 back in 06'? Trying to track it down now.

In 2016, bought an 86' 250r..pretty nice original shape, for $1500 off eBay not running. Guy threw a Chinese carb on it with out checking the Jets...it has unmarked mystery jets..cleaned original carb and she ran.

Last fall I had an '83 ytm 200 gifted to me.

This last winter I got my 86 350x. Lacking original rear wheels. Had to replace headlights. Offered $1000 and the owner took it. Guy down the street had it.

--
    I bought my Honda 200s for $300 just a year ago, but had to put $400 into it...

Back in the late 90’s My grandpa got me a Kawasaki 185 & a Yahama 225 for free...
    Last edited by Hobbes12; 06-02-2018 at 02:56 AM.
    MF!

--
    Got to thinking today. When was the cheapest time to buy a 3 wheeler since they were made? After the 'ban'? Early 90s? Late 90s? I wasn't really around for it as I was born in '84, and didn't get interested in them until the late 90s. I remember seeing a mint big red at an estate auction for $300, in the mid 90s.

What was the the average price of a atc250r when the were least desirable?

Try and buy them over here in Australia! People are asking for ridiculous prices for trikes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan-083 View Post
    Try and buy them over here in Australia! People are asking for ridiculous prices for trikes!

How much for a water cooled 250r in decent shape now?

--
    How much for a water cooled 250r in decent shape now?

Here in oz? Anything for 7 to 10k

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //