//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Newbie over here, i need some help please

--

Newbie over here, i need some help please

Im sorry im posting here but im not allowed to post in other threads since i just joined this site.
    Well i just got a honda atc 70, it took me to my childhood.
    I have a couple questions, they might sound amateur questions but the fact is i dont have much mechanical knowledge.
    1- anybody knows where the pull start can be sent for repair or restore?
    2-i got a honda atc 70 last week, since the pull start is broken and i wanted to make sure the engine wasn’t frozen or stuck, i put the gear in third, the highest, removed the spark plug and pushed the bike 4 or 5 times for a 10-15 feed distance to make sure the piston moved.
    Well here is the question: the bike have been sitting for a few years untouched so most likely, or i guess there is no lubrication in the cylinder and piston, so the test I performed trying to find out if the piston moved can leave scratched the cylinder or any other harm due lack of lubricant? I checked the oil level before and its on the minimum, i added a picture.
    Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D4925F64-4326-42C6-8DE6-DBEA73C06722.jpeg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	252604  

--
    Welcome,
    Well obviously there is oil in it. I would drain it and refill it.you can turn the starter cage to see if the motor is free. As far as your recoil, you could do it yourself or maybe a lawnmower shop or a local bike shop. Where are you located?
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Thank you sir for your answer, i made sure to tested and check for the engine not being stuck, now my question: since i put the gear in third, the highest gear, and i removed the spark plug and pushed the bike 4 or 5 times for a 10-15 feet distance to make sure the piston moved and the bike have been sitting for a few years untouched, most likely, or i guess there is no lubrication in the cylinder and piston, so the test I performed trying to find out if the piston moved can leave scratched the cylinder or any other harm due lack of lubricant? I checked the oil level before and its on the minimum, i added a picture.
    Thanks in advance.

--
    Hard to say if you did or not, but I wouldn't do it again. Get some oil in it and get it running, if it smokes you will need a top end rebuild.

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Thanks, if i ever need to perform the top end rebuild, where can i get the kit from? Any specific place? Thanks.

--
    Plenty of parts for 70's on the internet .

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Im going to perform oil change, ill be going to the honda dealer tomorrow, whats the oil i should ask for? Thanks.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //