//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 85 200S Carb leaks through breather outlet???

--

Question 85 200S Carb leaks through breather outlet???

I just purchased a supposed "excellent" original used carb for my 200S. I installed it tonight and fuel runs out of the breather nipple (and I have no idea why as I'm not well versed on carbs. Would the float be stuck open or something? Also, what size fuel line is stock? I had 3/16 ID fuel tubing but need to buy more so just used the black tubing that plugs into the bottom of the carb to drain it. By the way, fuel also comes out when you loosen the drain plug as well. Thanks in advance. This trike was running top notch once I brought it back from the dead and now I'm just trying to get a carb that will work properly.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Carb Breath nipple.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	437.2 KB 
ID:	252768Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fuel Line.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	412.8 KB 
ID:	252769

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    The first thing you would do is rap on the carburetor with the handle of a screwdriver in order to free up the floats. I just had to do this on a used carburetor myself. The first time I put gas to it, it came pouring out the vents. The floats came up after I whacked it and it hasn't overflowed again since.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Thanks for the info - I was hoping some love taps would possibly be a solution......

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //