//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Starting issue Kawasaki klt200

TrickShot is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Starting issue Kawasaki klt200

Had my 83 Kawasaki KLT200 parked for few years. It ran fine when parked. Have tried to get it started few months back and havr not have any luck. Took carb off cleaned it best I could at the time, was getting dark and was a rush job. When trying to start it now. It spits a lot of gas back into airbox, and will back fire now and then into airbox as well. Almost seems out of time, but seeing it ran when parked don't make sense. Have made a video showing what it's doing. Any ideas let me know. I know carb can be dirty still seeing it was a rush job cleaning, but why is it pushing fuel and flames into airbox?.

https://youtu.be/Rh9yLHefNqk

--
    Do a compression test , might have a stuck intake valve , fire out the intake side usually means it’s firing while the intake side is open , also check your cam timing and flywheel woodruff key .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

TrickShot is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I didn't think of that valve. Will have to check it this weekend. It's just seems to be pushing too much gas/air out, so that will be where I start. Thanks.

--
    Did you have a battery charger on it when you were trying it? Cause using a battery charger will screw with the electronic ignition especially with a really dead battery.
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Mikes seen some good stuff!

Did you remove each jet, clean them, the passageways blown out and reinstalled? I won't lie, when I was 16 I thought cleaning the carb was just that, the outside and maybe the fuel bowl, but jets I knew nothing about 32 years ago...

It's great to have so many knowledgeable and helpful people here!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by shortline10 View Post
    Do a compression test , might have a stuck intake valve , fire out the intake side usually means it’s firing while the intake side is open , also check your cam timing and flywheel woodruff key .
    This is exactly what I was thinking when I watched the video.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //