//ArrowChat Code

Thread: More Tri Z curse words

--

More Tri Z curse words

UGggg! Somewhere in this poor girls past, she had her foot pegs WELDED to the frame. For no real reason there's
    no aparant cracking nor fatigue visible. wonderingy:
    Thus in the process , some poor fool (Me) is unable to remove the R side engine cover. Oh What Fun!!!
    F#ck, Sh#t, GOD Da##it, Co@kSu#ker.

If I had another bike to ride...it wouldn't care,as I'd take a long time and restore/customize this bike..so everything I do to this bike..kinda just sucks right now...lol. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180610_154855.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	2.89 MB 
ID:	252905Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180610_160541.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	736.2 KB 
ID:	252906
    Last edited by this old rz; 06-10-2018 at 07:06 PM.
    I need all the help I can get!

--
    Lucky you, perfect excuse to cut them off and replace them with the heavy duty ones Bryan Raffa sells.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Lucky you, perfect excuse to cut them off and replace them with the heavy duty ones Bryan Raffa sells.
    Exactly, the reason people weld them is because they tend to strip out. Raffa sells plate to weld on with pre-cut bolt holes. Works like a charm.
    Tionesta Trikes ATC 450R
    86 250R
    86 Tecate-3
    83 ATC 70
    85 Big Red
    81 KLT 200
    85 250SX
    Tricky Dicks Cagiva WMX 200 sold
    Trikefest survivor 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...dback+eric250r

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Lucky you,
    I then got around to the Flywheel, waiting to try my new Motion Pro flywheel puller...GUESS WHAT...Fly wheel threads are stripped...you just have to put your head in your hands n cry.

Also found out today with fork seals are blown n leaking...

This poor girl has been through the , abused and put away wet. Every single area of this bike is going to have to be addressed, as one problem leads to yet another... lol

--
    Yep sounds about right.

I re-tapped my ATC250R frame to use the next size up metric course bolts for my footpegs. I did have to drill the footpeg brackets out a tiny bit more for the bolts to fit but it works good.

If I recall, I went from M10 (OEM) to M12

I'm glad you're fixing it all correctly.

I'm pretty OCD sometimes so I end up replacing every bearing and seal I can just to be sure. It's nice though to climb onto something when you're done and feel like it's basically an almost totally brand new machine in most respects. With some regular maintenance, it will likely last another 30 years easily.

I'm just happy to see another Z get saved

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ironchop; 06-11-2018 at 02:24 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by this old rz View Post
    I then got around to the Flywheel, waiting to try my new Motion Pro flywheel puller...GUESS WHAT...Fly wheel threads are stripped...you just have to put your head in your hands n cry.

Also found out today with fork seals are blown n leaking...

This poor girl has been through the , abused and put away wet. Every single area of this bike is going to have to be addressed, as one problem leads to yet another... lol

If that ain’t all enough for you let me be the first to tell you that if that’s an 85 Tri -Z you’re forks are probably bent too.

It’s no secret that the Tri-Z’s had quality issues, who addressed them and at what stage of wear/failure they were amended is what makes your trike worth fixing or not.

When it comes to bikes/trikes I make it a habit to completely disassemble anything I buy that has been previously worked on and then put it back together from the frame up. I have yet to step back from a bike and say "Gee, that sure was a waste of time Wally”. After that many years of hard use there is no way that thing wasn’t going to have “details”.

Suggest to tear it down to the frame and start from scratch. I can almost guarantee you that the kick start spring needs changing and that there is either a washer missing from behind the kick start shaft, or the water pump shaft because the people that have been in there over the past 30 years have lost them, or forgotten to put them in. Even if they aren’t missing the risk that their absence poses to your precious clutch cover makes checking for them worth it.

Steering head bearings will be toast unless the balls were switched out for rollers at some point and your rear axle bearings are likely loose.

I could go on, but discovering this stuff is half the fun, the other half is watching the bills pile up and getting more and more feedback on your eBay account, but when the dust settles and you fire it up for the first time knowing everything is shiny and new it’s all worth it, especially the peace of mind you get from having gone through the entire trike.
    It sucks to get old

--
    She just wont love me back...lol
    Since the flywheel was stripped, I used a 2 prong puller.
    So that was 1st thing this morning, I was still in flip flops & shorts, so I tourqed it down ,and it came FLYING OFF 3' straight down...Right On To My Foot & Toes. OUCH!!!!!
    Also, did any of you notice in the photo the missing clutch bolt? ...well it's broken off inside the pressure plate...lol

I was seeing this wild kinda mean chick a few months ago...she later admitted she likes just being dominant & bitchy & mean (Which has it's moments)...
    But Daym! Like I said , Although a boat load of fun in bed ..She just doesn't wanna show any love back .
    So I've just decided a new name for this bike!! Perfect...lol

She's gonna be alot O' trouble for me, but a Epic great ride when she's willing...lol
    Last edited by this old rz; 06-12-2018 at 03:04 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by this old rz View Post
    ... she likes just being dominant & bitchy & mean (Which has it's moments)...
    Yeah, usually you have to pay double for that type of action, Cotton.
    Last edited by Red Rider; 06-12-2018 at 06:25 PM.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //