//ArrowChat Code

Thread: New Member

--

Hello all, new member here, as of Today. Name is Nick, live in Muskegon, Michigan.

Just recently picked up a 1985 Big Red 250, had one of my grandpas when I was a kid, and ended up destroying it, so now I am older and mature enough to maintain it!

I have been searching for a Speedometer Cable for the OE Speedo on the forks, but haven't been able to fine any, Ordered a speedo cable online, received it and turns out it is a "black vinyl reverse cable, so that wont work, lol. So if any of you know where I can get a replacement cable from, that would be AWESOME!

will try to post pics when I can figure out how to get them on here sometime!

Thanks!

Looking forward to getting to know fellow three wheeler fanatics on here!

--
    Welcome Nick,
    Someone on here should be able to help you out.
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Welcome to the 'hood Nick.

Are you looking for the inner and outer cable? Have you tried a search in the forum?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Welcome aboard Nick !
    With guidance from ATC MATT I recently purchased ebay item number
    Stock Bigred speedo cable length is right at 29 1/2 inch so this is about 2 and a half too long but barely noticeable imo once installed.
    There are others for the ct110, ct90 and such but are too short at 26/27/28 inch.
    Lol, I have one of the "too short" ones hanging in garage
    You aren't too far from me,,, zip code 49099
    john

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jeswinehart View Post
    Welcome aboard Nick !
    With guidance from ATC MATT I recently purchased ebay item number
    Stock Bigred speedo cable length is right at 29 1/2 inch so this is about 2 and a half too long but barely noticeable imo once installed.
    There are others for the ct110, ct90 and such but are too short at 26/27/28 inch.
    Lol, I have one of the "too short" ones hanging in garage
    You aren't too far from me,,, zip code 49099
    john
    Rob Canadian, and jeswinehart, thanks for your info/help. I need both parts, inner and outer, cable rusted and broke the inner, then went for a ride and the movement of the suspension tore the outer. Thought I had the right cable coming, but it was that reverse cable, good news is they refunded the money for the cable, and I have a free reverse cable if/when needed.

I have done a little searching on this form and came across people using the CT70, and CT110 cables, but never really said which one, and then other people saying there are different ends, so I figured i would just ask, and hopefully someone would have some GOOD info for me.

It doesnt bother me that the cable would be too long, as long as the ends are correct and attach at the wheel/hub and at the speedo is all I want. Id rather have it be a little long, than too short and either not reach or reach and ruin other things when the suspension drops out.

Thanks again, and if you can let me know jeswinehart if that cable fit your Big Red 250es, then I will click the Buy It Now button on ebay!

Nick L.

--
    Yes, good fitment. Actually I have bought two and both worked great.
    Here, click this link. Its the active number that I posted using my phone,,, I'm on lap top now.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Speedometer...ss!49099!US!-1

--
    Awesome, buying it now!

Also are there any tips/tricks to removing it from the speedo gear at the hub? Looks like there is a phillips screw that holds it in, but it needs to be rotated from the fork to gain access to it? Probably have to remove the whole assembly from the forks (wheel/tire, brakes, and axle)

Thanks again for all your help!

p.s. love this forum already!!

--
    No need to remove the speedo drive from axle, remove the Phillips screw ( recomend to use hand held type of impact driver) and remove old cable end ,,, insert new cable end. Next do the speedo end.

--
    Hey there new member thanks for all the info you guys help to make available I'm looking for an electric start for 350x I have a bad knee can't start it or ride but can't part with it....help in ohio...

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdozin View Post
    Hey there new member thanks for all the info you guys help to make available I'm looking for an electric start for 350x I have a bad knee can't start it or ride but can't part with it....help in ohio...
    Won't be cheap unless you luck into one.
    One on evilBay had a buy it now for just less than $1k.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/85-86-Honda...d=263718490287

--
    Dont no forshor but it is posabal that one off of an old 350 formen forwheller will be mafe to work i no the top n will

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear E View Post
    Dont no forshor but it is posabal that one off of an old 350 formen forwheller will be mafe to work i no the top n will

Jeez, here I thought my spelling and punctuation was bad.
    Welcome to the club: Bear E

Shep

--
    Thank yua

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //