//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone know what this is??

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    ...I do realize that the early Polaris ATV's used Fuji engines...
    I had an old generator with a Wisconsin-Robin engine and the name plate said Mfd. by Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. Tokyo Japan.

Trying to follow the whole Robin, Subaru, Wisconsin, Polaris, Teledyne, Fuji engine line gives me a headache.
    Last edited by MonroeMike; 06-19-2018 at 01:27 AM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MonroeMike View Post
    I had an old generator with a Wisconsin-Robin engine and the name plate said Mfd. by Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. Tokyo Japan.

Trying to follow the whole Robin, Subaru, Wisconsin, Polaris, Teledyne, Fuji engine line gives me a headache.
    Wow! That's a new one for me.Of course it kind of makes sense. Until this thread, I hadn't heard of a two stroke Wisconsin and I guess I still haven't. To me, it's just one more point in the Polaris column!

--

--
    Cool thanks! Yeah I tried multiply websites until I was finally able to order parts for it. And they came with Subaru stickers on them and took almost a month to get. I found an EC17 down in Florida but it didn't have spark either. And then the only other ones I could find were over seas. My dad use to tell me a story that back before I was born he remembers the guy I got the wheeler from bringing it up to his cabin which was across the lake from my dads and letting him ride it. The guy that was high up in Polaris came in my dads store a few years back and I told him the story my dad told me and he said oh yeah the wheeler is still up there. Here it has been sitting outside this whole time!! And I tried to buy it from the guy and he just gave it to me!! Just took it for a spin this week!

--
    I wish you had a chance to talk to that guy again and get some more information.

Sounds like it was a one-off and maybe even one of the first Polaris produced or developed.

I had a suspicion that it had originated with a snowmobile company since the front plastics/headlight and the handlebar controls looked similar to a snowmobile from around the mid to late seventies

You definitely got a great score for the price and potentially a very unique piece of history.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention and rehabilitating it back to running condition!

Polaris history....halfway down the page they mention 3wheeler development

https://www.encyclopedia.com/social-...ris-industries

(Shoot and post as many more pics of it as you like.....)(a video of it running would be awesome as well so we can hear the engine)

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ironchop; 06-20-2018 at 09:05 PM.

--
    I have messaged the guy because we are friends on facebook but he never has messaged me back with any information. The back of the 3 wheeler has a storage box like a txl or tx that was painted over black and is still blue on the inside. lol.

--
    Thanks for that link Ironchop. I didn't read it all, but I did find out that Polaris did sell "two wheeled, tractor tired bikes" (I'm thinking like a Rokon) in the mid to late 60's. That's another new fact that I didn't know.

--
    Hmmm... did I see adds for that thing in "3Wheeling" back in the day? Some kind of small US domestic brand...

The word "Honcho" is coming to my head... or was that an early 4x4?

There was also a 2 wheel drive big-wheel sort of thing too that was advertised a lot ... had separate motor on the front I think..

--
    I did see a Honcho quad once. I was working for a guy who had it. I was working as a mechanic in one of his shops and he used it on his farm. I seem to recall that it had a sprayer mounted on it and maybe it also had an industrial style engine with a centrifigal clutch. I have no idea if Honcho also made three or even two wheelers.

--

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 200Maniac View Post
    Just up the road from me. Note Canadian dollars.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Is that Mattdrangontamer's trike? (I think that's his name)

--
    Nope, not mine... Not a Taurus 650.

Looks to me like a small oufit tried to copy a Honda 110 or 125 and took the same route as Commuter Industries.

[B]
    1973-74 Honda ATC 70 Chrome Custom

Argo (ODG) Taurus 650, Pacesetter WR-PIII, Commuter 380, TE390, Granger, Sasquatch, John Deere AMT 600, Honda 250es & sx

Trikefest Survivor: 2014, 2015, 2016
    Trikefest Alberta: 2017, 2020

Trikefest 2015 A.K.A MUDFEST
    Coolpool: TURN!
    hoosierlogger: I'M TRY'N TO TURN! (Riding his ALT50)

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //