//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Lost package 85' 250r headlight shroud !

oldoo is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Lost package 85' 250r headlight shroud !

So in march last year, I was travelling the USA from Australia and found a headlight shroud from travis gisclair which I purchased. He send it to my buddy's uncles place in Canada but it never arrived. Attatched is the receipt, and pictures of the item. If anyone has stumbled across it or knows of one that was mysteriously found in Canada. I would love to get my hands on it. Although someone probably threw it in the bin....

Tracking: LH011783581US

Pic of posted address

Ups said it got delivered but it never reached its original destination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Have you checked with Canada Customs?
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Have you checked with Canada Customs?
    No I haven't. It says on ups tracking that the item was delivered which is strange.... my buddy called up and tried to trace it a year ago but no luck with ups.

--
    Did you use UPS only or muliple carriers? With the ebay globalship program they switch carriers and the first one often says delivered when the switch occurs.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by dave ytz250s View Post
    Did you use UPS only or muliple carriers? With the ebay globalship program they switch carriers and the first one often says delivered when the switch occurs.
    Was ups only. As I bought through someone off facebook.

--
    Receipt is USPS? Not UPS.

I am not much into shipping but are they not 2 different companies? USPS does not deliever into Canada from what I know. UPS does and you have to sign for it at delivery.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    When it said delivered was it to a mail box on the street? I know the Canada post delivery person always leaves my mail in someone else’s box and then wait weeks to get it. Or was it dropped at the door? Or it could be sitting at the local Canada post office. They will make 4 attempts them return to sender.

Just giving something to think about

--
    That IS a usps tracking number. United States Postal System.
    It is NOT uPs which is United Parcel Service.
    UPS will cost you at least double and USPS is all I have ever used for mail to Canada (and everywhere else too for that matter).
    john

--
    When I sell items on Ebay using USPS, the items going to Canada go to Kentucky and from there to Canada.

I don't know why, but that's how it goes if using USPS...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyg25 View Post
    When it said delivered was it to a mail box on the street? I know the Canada post delivery person always leaves my mail in someone else’s box and then wait weeks to get it. Or was it dropped at the door? Or it could be sitting at the local Canada post office. They will make 4 attempts them return to sender.

Just giving something to think about
    Thanks mate, sender claims he never received it back. Which I believe. Very strange... it's been over a year so I have no idea where I stand

--
    I don’t know how it works in these days of Amazon and eBay as I left Canada almost 20 years ago, but back then when I would order parts for my bikes from Pingle, Schnitz, or V&H they always had to go through Canada customs and be picked up. You either had to pay for a broker to import the goods, or do it yourself.

They have a website with contact information specifically for the purpose of finding lost goods. I’d check it out if I was missing something of value.

You mention it it was “delivered”. If it was a US carrier then based on my limited experience of 20 years ago delivered means they got it to Canada customs, not necessarily to the address where you wanted it.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoo View Post
    Thanks mate, sender claims he never received it back. Which I believe. Very strange... it's been over a year so I have no idea where I stand

So it must be at the nearest postal office. Where he would go to pick up any packages left behind by Canada post. Search his postal code. And the nearest post office. I bet it’s sitting there

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyg25 View Post
    So it must be at the nearest postal office. Where he would go to pick up any packages left behind by Canada post. Search his postal code. And the nearest post office. I bet it’s sitting there
    Thanks mate I'll Sus it out.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //