//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 85 200x carb issues

Legns is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

85 200x carb issues

Ok so I can not get fuel into the carb. I have tried everything from taking it all apart cleaning and reassembling it to pressurizing the tank to force gas through. I have replace all fuel lines and checked to make sure the tank wasn’t clogged. It is a cheap eBay carb so I’m not getting my hopes up but any advice would be appreciated.

--
    Back into the carb you go. Needle and seat area. Kinda guessing the float is stuck or the needle is gummed up. So how do you know if the carb is not getting fuel??

BUT... Do you have the original carb? Did it run before?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

86125m is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    My cheap ebay carb had a stuck float needle and wasnt getting any fuel so check your float needle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    I was having carb issues with my 200X when I first got it. I bought one of those cheap Ebay carbs. Know what? I got smart right after I got it and it's still in the box 5 years later.

86125m is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    My ebay carb runs perfectly now and has been for 3 years.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    I was having carb issues with my 200X when I first got it. I bought one of those cheap Ebay carbs. Know what? I got smart right after I got it and it's still in the box 5 years later.
    I hear you. Original is best to rebuild. That's why I asked if he still had the original carb. Some of those aftermarket carbs are jetted small and those choke plate screws come loose... Engines don't like them. I have heard of a couple loose a engine with the choke plate screw gets sucked in.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

--
    No I don’t have the original carb I got this as a frame and boxes of parts. I had it running with this carb about 6 months ago but I moved and it got put on the back burner. I know no fuel is making it to the carb for two reasons 1st the fuel filter is clear and you can see no fuel going into it and second the bowl is completely dry. I have taken the carb apart multiple times now blowing carb cleaner through everything checked the float to make sure it was operating properly and it doesn’t seem to be sticking but you never know. I’ll take it apart tomorrow again and see if I find anything I missed

--
    So if I am understanding correctly you aren’t getting fuel from the petcock since your fuel filter shows no signs of gas? If so, take the hose off the petcock and clean it and replace the filter that goes into the tank.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    From what you stated in the original post. I figured you had fuel to the carb.

You said you made sure the tank was not clogged. I tool that as the petcock flow was good... All good thanks for updating. Rule of thumb for me for fuel is look what the carb is getting. Pop the line off the carb. Open the petcock and watch for flow from the fuel line. Gas cap on. If you have good flow. Next step you need to get into the carb.

'83 200X

--
    ok update guys I figured it out so I took the carb apart again and couldn't find anything wrong all jets are clean the float needle is good and working smoothly it really had me stumped. then while I was putting the bottom cover on I noticed something was off So I put the cover on no air will enter the carb. I take the cover off air passes through fine. I start really looking the float over. Maybe its bent and sticking? That is when I notice THE FLOAT IS ON UPSIDEDOWN!! yup upside down float was my problem. I figure when I took the carb apart the first time to clean it because the bike was sitting so long I must have put it on upside down when I reassembled it. I don't know how I missed that the multiple times before but I did. So moral of the story pay attention on reassembly!!

--
    I ran into similar situation on my 86 200x. I wasn't getting fuel to the carb I pulled it apart carb was clean.I noticed the float was upside down. I flipped it over fuel overflowed.I took bowl of and the tip of the needle was stuck in.I replaced the needle and it runs great.
    250r rules

--
    Thanks for the update!!!

Stuff happens. Runs well now?

'83 200X

--
    That’s great you got it fixed. Like others have said it’s best to restore an oem carb if it’s possible. Look for an oem carb and if you need I can restore it to like new.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Canadian View Post
    Thanks for the update!!!

Stuff happens. Runs well now?
    Yes it runs great now I have some tweaking to do but other than that gtg

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtie223 View Post
    That’s great you got it fixed. Like others have said it’s best to restore an oem carb if it’s possible. Look for an oem carb and if you need I can restore it to like new.

How did you get it so clean? Soda blast?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //