//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Where can I find a 83 200 recoil?

--

Where can I find a 83 200 recoil?

Greetings again. Just bought a "project " trike....1983 Honda 200. I think Im leaning why it was ($150) so cheap!! The recoil/compression release "stuff " isn't even in it! Looking at what I did find on line, WOW! Not cheap!! What do I do as I want to keep this machine project reasonable ??!!Any suggestions where to start looking?

--
    Greetings again. I Just bought a "project " trike....1983 Honda 200. I think Im learning why it was ($150) so cheap!! The recoil/compression release "stuff " isn't even in it! Looking at what I did find on line, WOW! Not cheap!! What do I do as I want to keep this machine project reasonable ??!!Any suggestions where to start looking?

Also more importantly do I HAVE to have it hooked up or can I go without it? I tried pull starting it with out the compression release but was quickly reminded how SMALL those recoil handles are! OUCH! I have seen some Hondas with the much larger D handles wondering if that was why. Thanks again

--
    Yes D handle much better.
    250r rules

--
    So then you're saying I will be able to easily pull this thing over WITH OUT the compression release component? That would really be GREAT as that would save me a bunch of $$!!

My little "project is slowly turning into a money PIT !!

--
    My wife starts the auto X without the decompression release.It will still kick back but less likely to rip the handle out of your hand.
    250r rules

--
    Finding and successfully installing the compression release parts is a major PITA .
    Just pull the recoil until your just past the compression stroke and THEN give it a strong pull .
    With this method your less likely to hurt yourself and the recoil
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    Gotcha! Sounds like a plan ! Plus thatll save me some much needed $$ for other STUFF it needs.THANK YOU for the advice !! So now then Im guessing a snowmobile recoil handle would work?

This machines pretty rough shape as the previous owner worked on it, left it for dead , then left it outside for YEARS! So now its my personal GOAL to get this baby ROLLIN! Thanks again for your help

--
    Thanks ~! Shortline 10 !! I tried it and it worked like a charm ! I was so distracted by the issues of weak spark and crappy recoil I just figured Id have to pull my guts out every time . BUT We are slowly getting things better here thanks to TWW!

--
    We will absolutely refuse to answer any more questions without pictures! Just kidding. We will answer, but we always like pictures too.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //