//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Riding turned ER visit

--

Riding turned ER visit

Went riding Sunday alone like most day, hill climbing on vintage hills deep in coal coutry. Some how just riding between on strip vain lines in the woods I caught a tree branch. That pulled out my throttle cable witch ended up me trying to throw the atv away. Turned out I threw into a tiny tree which then threw me to the ground. Still going full trottle with paddles yay. After it handed on me and bashed me backwards to the coal slag piles my right hand was mashed on a rock. Hello tendons and seeing fat in your hand. After atv rolled off me still going full trottle it proceeded down the woods until I hear crash. Finaly turned off. Wasted a nice prm desert front bumper too. Nothing else broke. HRE fab work is very strong.

Ok great, hand is broken I feels like. Local friend never showed to ride with so i thing now what do I wanna g
    Do. 100 degrees in woods. I rest a little, pull atv from tree. Decided I'll leave glove on and treat it at the truck 3 miles back. This way I got nice flat area to work on. I do run with medical kits on me however. Was it out, pull out coal from my tendons and muscle. Still no pain now 30 mins into this. Wash it again blow in tripple antibotic goop. Load up atv in trailer, change and off I go. 30 mins drive to er. Eat my turkey sandwich, drink my waters but I really wanted the beers. Hobbled to er, got great treatment call wife all stitched up by 3pm. I wasted the hand at 11am

Now to figure out how a throttle cable can never be pulled out again. 29 years in riding in waste land never anything like that happened. I guess I'm out two months til hands good and strong. Figures I dont get hurt climbing 60 degree inclines but turning around then going stright. That,tree is gonna loose all its branches and I'll throw tires on it in fall.

Be safe with you throotle cables.

efhondakid is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Trevorton area? I've heard it's some killer riding over there. We used to have tons of killer old strip mines to ride when I was younger in NE Ohio but the state has reclaimed them all.

I always get sketchy riding alone man, glad it wasn't any worse. Do you run a tether kill? Seems that may have helped. On my YZ I run my throttle cable zip tied down to the bars so nothing can peel it off.
    2 in the back, 1 in the front.

--
    Glad your okay my man!! Could've been worse, these mountain bikes are dangerous!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    No teether but might look into that. No treverton, way more hills then that far away overated pile. I was in Williamstown pa.

--
    That could've been a lot worse! One thing that surprised me when i cut myself with a table saw is how little it hurt. I'm guessing all your tendons are intact?

Glad you're ok!
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    Heal up brother. Hope no major damage to the hand or infection.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Sorry to hear that.......hope you heal well.

--
    It stopped right before tendon layer. Nothing was broken, not sure who that's tree. My nuckles are purple too and bottom of hand. I might of taken a broken hand over a crazy large deep gash.

--
    As much as that sucks it could have been a lot worse.

Consider a tether kill and a SPOT unit if you plan to ride alone. Could save your life one day.

On a side note, you have to admit that the exposed tendon thing is pretty cool. For a brief moment you get to feel like the Terminator. It’s at the doctors office getting cleaned out and stitched that it hurts the most.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    Are you gonna sue the bike company ?.............you should ...........it`s their fault all day !.........watch out for that ...................tree .........George of the jungle friend to you and me..............AAAAAAAhhhhhhh .........watch out for that ..............tree
    Oh glamy. LOL
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    I'm gonna cut the braches off the tree and throw all the 50year old tires over the trunk of it.

--
    I keep telling people quads are dangerous!

--
    Holy schitt bro, glad it wasn't worse for you and the quad!
    Ragin' full on...

--
    It was coal rock I hit when flipped. Inspected throotle cable and it's no longer safe. Ordered new oem. I will look for heavy duty mx gloves if that even exists in today's spandex world.

--
    Now for butterflies. For ten days.

I asked them to prescribe me xanny bars but they wouldn't.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //