//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1983 200e how can I get to my front sprocket? Book says half the case comes off...

--

1983 200e how can I get to my front sprocket? Book says half the case comes off...

I have another post going regarding a surge at constant throttle, found this to be the real cause. Was very misleading.
    I rotate my rear wheels and every few revolutions there is a binding. The chain even tightens up, spin past that hard spot and the chain drops back to normal tension.
    Rear axle spins true. Can't find anything bent. I do hear some sort of rubbing sound from the front sprocket area, but I can't see it to diagnose. Instead of going full removal at the moment I just want to get eyes on the sprocket and see if I can tell what's going on. Maybe you guys here have had this before and can tell me?
    So I started removing the flywheel cover and stopped to ask this. Can I get eyes on it by just removing the hi/low box?
    I don't believe there's any bent shafts, everything spins too many revolutions between the bind/hard spot to be that. I'm guessing a bearing, or possibly the sprocket is walking on it's shaft.
    Has anyone had this issue and can anyone tell me how to just get eyes on the sprocket? Thank you!

--
    Nevermind my issue was not the sprocket! It was a single bound link in the chain that doesn't want to bend! I have posted all about it in my other post about the surging Honda 200e at constant throttle. Awesome site with very good advice, staying a member here for life!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //