//ArrowChat Code

Upcoming Events for the Next 120 Day(s)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 41 of 41

Thread: 200es wonít start? help?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Australia
    --
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldy View Post
    Post #2 is talking about the valves. That reminded me of our first new 185s. We rode that thing.. we rode the paint off that thing and one day it wouldnt start. Took to dealer ship said it all needed rebuilt. Maybe valves or an intake leak. Reading where Ivan said both carbs and same result made some sense about valves. Check compression guys. Someone else would have to talk to you about them and how to disassemle and check those. Im out.
    Hey Fieldy
    It started after about 5 mins of trying and back fired once! Then it fired up and it ran for about 3 mins then turned off? Iíll try and start again and see how it goes?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Australia
    --
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan-083 View Post
    Hey Fieldy
    It started after about 5 mins of trying and back fired once! Then it fired up and it ran for about 3 mins then turned off? Iíll try and start again and see how it goes?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It seemed to run and start fine today? Maybe the gas cap vent blocked? I donít know maybe it will do the same next weekend?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    SW Oregon United States
    --
    145
    That is one shiny es... so I doubt that it's "exhaust" related. But a plugged up muffler/spark arrester will cause that kind of problem. ES's also need a good battery.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Australia
    --
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by mendoAu View Post
    That is one shiny es... so I doubt that it's "exhaust" related. But a plugged up muffler/spark arrester will cause that kind of problem. ES's also need a good battery.
    The battery is brand new and as I said from previous post it started yesterday was hard to start at first. But after that it started every time for like 5 to 6 starts! Iíll have to see on the weekend of it starts or has the same problems


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Oregon
    --
    530
    I’m going to do the lemon boil. If that doesn’t work I will move on to valves???
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"
    81 DG 250r : Sold

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Australia
    --
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by x-rider View Post
    Iím going to do the lemon boil. If that doesnít work I will move on to valves???
    Let me know how you go? Iíll start mine on the weekend and see if it starts again


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Australia
    --
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldy View Post
    I would boil the carb body in lemon juice if you are taking it off again. May work, may not. Heard of success with that. I think its just like 50/50 with water, boil for a few.
    Hey Fieldy
    I have left the 200es for about 3 weeks and it started today straight away and was fine?????????? What do you think? I have no idea? Any ideas? Thanks Ivan


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    USA
    --
    649
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan-083 View Post
    Hey Fieldy
    I have left the 200es for about 3 weeks and it started today straight away and was fine?????????? What do you think? I have no idea? Any ideas? Thanks Ivan


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Now sounding more electrical . Just have to try and rule things out. There is a manual available here if you look for it.
    Tecate wins again!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Australia
    --
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldy View Post
    Now sounding more electrical . Just have to try and rule things out. There is a manual available here if you look for it.
    Thatís what I think it is something electrical, I do have a manual Iíll have to look and see what I can find out!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #40
    wellys88 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    WA
    --
    192
    check the inhibitor relay

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Australia
    --
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by wellys88 View Post
    check the inhibitor relay
    For some reason over the past few months it starts and runs fine now, Iam totally confused! Starts first pull, had so much trouble with it before and didnít do anything to it! Maybe a small electrical problem somewhere.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //