//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 200es won’t start? help?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by x-rider View Post
    I had it installed correctly. I did a gravity check with the tank as with the float installed the wrong way, no fuel flow to the bowl. Correct way fuel flows into the bowl. I also tried starting with the filter off. At full choke the butterfly flutters for some reason, almost like blowback from compression. At half choke and off choke it does not flutter. ????
    Mine is the same don’t know what to do with it! It’s just sitting in the corner now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    When you cleaned the carb again did you blow air through the pinhole passages and spray cleaner through those? You may need to disassemble and boil carb out. If your compression is good, i really believe its fuel related.

Can you tell us if the spark is blue or orange? Are there any times you don't see spark if you hold spark plug against cylinder head? Ground should not be rusty.You might also bypass handlebar kill switch. May need to take a look and ohm coil to spark plug. Wire end may be bad at plug.
    Last edited by fieldy; 07-14-2018 at 06:26 AM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldy View Post
    When you cleaned the carb again did you blow air through the pinhole passages and spray cleaner through those? You may need to disassemble and boil carb out. If your compression is good, i really believe its fuel related.

Can you tell us if the spark is blue or orange? Are there any times you don't see spark if you hold spark plug against cylinder head? Ground should not be rusty.You might also bypass handlebar kill switch. May need to take a look and ohm coil to spark plug. Wire end may be bad at plug.
    Hey Fieldy I did blow air through the pinholes and did put carb cleaner through it! I think it’s fuel related but don’t know what’s wrong? What about putting carb kit into it?
    The spark is blue, the ground isn’t rusty as I have sanded it back.

--
    If your float is good and the float valve starts and stops fuel flow you should be good. Float level may be to low. Only thing i can thing think of to check. Were you able to ride it much with the factory carb on it? Did the factory carb previously preform correctly? I guess thats what I'm asking.
    Seems like you are pretty up on wrenchin, keep trying thats bout all i can say now.

--
    If your float is good and the float valve starts and stops fuel flow you should be good. Float level may be to low. Only thing i can thing think of to check. Were you able to ride it much with the factory carb on it? Did the factory carb previously preform correctly? I guess thats what I'm asking.
    Seems like you are pretty up on wrenchin, keep trying thats bout all i can say now.
    Maybe it’s the float level I don’t know? I only ride it a handlful of times with the original carb that was a few years ago! Then it started having problems like I said with the chinese carb so put the original carb back on and after a few days it was going the same as the previous chinese carb. I might take the carb off again tomorrow and clean again and cut the coil a bit shorter! If restored the whole bike and so frustrating!

--
    I would boil the carb body in lemon juice if you are taking it off again. May work, may not. Heard of success with that. I think its just like 50/50 with water, boil for a few.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan-083 View Post
    Hey Fieldy I did blow air through the pinholes and did put carb cleaner through it! I think it’s fuel related but don’t know what’s wrong? What about putting carb kit into it?
    The spark is blue, the ground isn’t rusty as I have sanded it back.

Same done here. Thought I read something about a pinesol solution as well?http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...g-a-Carburetor
    Last edited by x-rider; 07-15-2018 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Added a link
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"
    81 DG 250r : Sold

--
    Same done here. Thought I read something about a pinesol solution as well?http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...g-a-Carburetor
    You can buy a carburetor cleaning solution also. Sold at auto parts stores, maybe Walmart. Berryman i believe. Sure wish you all luck. I give up, lol. That Ivan 083 posted a nice Big Red pic! Good luck guys.

--
    You can buy a carburetor cleaning solution also. Sold at auto parts stores, maybe Walmart. Berryman i believe. Sure wish you all luck. I give up, lol. That Ivan 083 posted a nice Big Red pic! Good luck guys.
    Thanks Fieldy iam sure I’ll get it sorted out! I’ll keep you informed and thanks for the advice appreciate it!

--
    Cool thanks fieldy . Ivan what carb are you using? I have the pz30 (keihin) clone carb.
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"

--
    Cool thanks fieldy . Ivan what carb are you using? I have the pz30 (keihin) clone carb.
    I have the OEM carb on it at the moment and had a chinese clone carb on it before. But both are having the same problem

--
    Good luck. We’ll get er figured out. Keep you posted!!
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"

--
    Good luck. We’ll get er figured out. Keep you posted!!
    Iam sure we will keep in touch

--
    Post #2 is talking about the valves. That reminded me of our first new 185s. We rode that thing.. we rode the paint off that thing and one day it wouldnt start. Took to dealer ship said it all needed rebuilt. Maybe valves or an intake leak. Reading where Ivan said both carbs and same result made some sense about valves. Check compression guys. Someone else would have to talk to you about them and how to disassemle and check those. Im out.
    Last edited by fieldy; 07-15-2018 at 12:57 AM.

--
    Post #2 is talking about the valves. That reminded me of our first new 185s. We rode that thing.. we rode the paint off that thing and one day it wouldnt start. Took to dealer ship said it all needed rebuilt. Maybe valves or an intake leak. Reading where Ivan said both carbs and same result made some sense about valves. Check compression guys. Someone else would have to talk to you about them and how to disassemle and check those. Im out.
    Thanks Fieldy, I might go to the property and see if it’s got an intake leak and spray some starting fluid around and see!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //