//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 200es won’t start? help?

--

200es won’t start? help?

Hey guys, my 200es was starting ok for a while but lately it won’t fire? I have cleaned the carb and put in a inline filter too. It has a good spark but won’t start? It tries to start but still won’t! It might start for a few seconds then die, but sometimes it will start and be ok for a while then won’t start again. When I sometimes put in a new plug it will start straight away, but the old plug isn’t wet? Any ideas please? Thanks Ivan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Have you checked to see if it still has spark when it won't start? Have you checked valve clearances? Just a couple of suggestions. I'm not trying to tell you where you can and can't post, but you don't need to post in the new member's sections. You've been here for over four years and you've made WAAAY more than 10 posts so you could use the Trikesylvania section if you want to.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    Have you checked to see if it still has spark when it won't start? Have you checked valve clearances? Just a couple of suggestions. I'm not trying to tell you where you can and can't post, but you don't need to post in the new member's sections. You've been here for over four years and you've made WAAAY more than 10 posts so you could use the Trikesylvania section if you want to.
    Yes it still has spark when it won’t start! I put in the OEM carb on a few weeks ago as I had one of those chinese carbs in for a few years and had trouble with it. So I put on the OEM carb few weeks back and fired up straight away but last few weeks not to good, now it won’t even fire? Should I try and clean carb again and put rebuild kit in? I’ll ha e to check valve clearance. I didn’t know about the section I’ll post in trikesylvania from now on thanks. Ivan

--
    Did you put an inline fuel filter on it? There could be rust getting in the carburetor from somewhere. Water in the fuel can be an issue also. In a plastic container humid weather can ruin ethanol gas in a hurry. Drain the fuel bowl when it has been giving you fits maybe rig up a temp fuel supply after draining bowl.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldy View Post
    Did you put an inline fuel filter on it? There could be rust getting in the carburetor from somewhere. Water in the fuel can be an issue also. In a plastic container humid weather can ruin ethanol gas in a hurry. Drain the fuel bowl when it has been giving you fits maybe rig up a temp fuel supply after draining bowl.
    Yes Fieldy, I did put on a inline fuel filter after a day or two! But it did run ok with the fuel filter for a day or two! I might need to take off the carb tomorrow and clean the carb again and see! I’ll change the fuel too. Yes I did drain the fuel bowl also but that didn’t help. Could be the smallest piece of rust in the jet. I’ll let you know tomorrow thanks

--
    I would check fuel flow to the carb first myself. Pop the line off the carb. Turn the fuel on and watch the flow. Easy test. This will eliminate the fuel cap vent, petcock and lines. If you have good flow and suspect a fuel problem. Next step is to get into the carb.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Canadian View Post
    I would check fuel flow to the carb first myself. Pop the line off the carb. Turn the fuel on and watch the flow. Easy test. This will eliminate the fuel cap vent, petcock and lines. If you have good flow and suspect a fuel problem. Next step is to get into the carb.
    Thanks Rob I’ll try that today and let you know

--
    Having the same issue with mine. Fuel not getting to the engine. I’ve had it fire and run for a little bit a couple of times. Plenty of compression (blows my finger off the spark plug hole). Cleaned the carb with carb cleaner and air. Spark plug is dry. ????? I don’t know????
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"
    81 DG 250r : Sold

--
    Quote Originally Posted by x-rider View Post
    Having the same issue with mine. Fuel not getting to the engine. I’ve had it fire and run for a little bit a couple of times. Plenty of compression (blows my finger off the spark plug hole). Cleaned the carb with carb cleaner and air. Spark plug is dry. ????? I don’t know????
    Hopefully we can get them running! I’ll let you know how I go with mine! Always something wrong.

--
    A guy posted not that long ago that said he put the float in backwards... No fuel flow into the carb...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    I cleaned the carb out again and new fuel with a 2 week old start plug if that and it wouldn’t fire up even with starting fluid! Put in a new plug and it starts straight away! Why is it eating plugs? Plug wasn’t at at all???? Any ideas

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan-083 View Post
    I cleaned the carb out again and new fuel with a 2 week old start plug if that and it wouldn’t fire up even with starting fluid! Put in a new plug and it starts straight away! Why is it eating plugs? Plug wasn’t at at all???? Any ideas

Then it starts and runs for about 30 seconds then dies? The idle screw is almost all the way in and I back it off to good idle then after that it stops again! It keeps starting with the new plug but won’t idle for long?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Canadian View Post
    A guy posted not that long ago that said he put the float in backwards... No fuel flow into the carb...
    I guess I could have done that!! Doh!!! I’ll double check. Thanks for the info, I would never guessed I could have put it in backwards.
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"

--
    I guess I could have done that!! Doh!!! I’ll double check. Thanks for the info, I would never guessed I could have put it in backwards.
    Any difference?

--
    I had it installed correctly. I did a gravity check with the tank as with the float installed the wrong way, no fuel flow to the bowl. Correct way fuel flows into the bowl. I also tried starting with the filter off. At full choke the butterfly flutters for some reason, almost like blowback from compression. At half choke and off choke it does not flutter. ????
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //