//ArrowChat Code

Thread: New guy from TN

--

New guy from TN

My name is Gabriel, I'm 41. I grew up riding 3 wheelers and just now got back into them.
    I'm rebuilding a '83 ATC 200 at the moment.

Glad to be here, thanks in advance for all the help.

Outlaw #24 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Welcome . What 200? 200S or ES

--
    Post some pics of that pile you scored

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    I will post some pics soon.

Outlaw, there is no letter on this model. It's an ATC 200.
    I have another one that's an ATC 200E but this one has no letter on the data tag.

I bought three ATC's and a old fourtrax frame (for the rear end parts) two BIG tubs of parts, an extra set of (cracked) fenders, Two extra parts motors, two gas tanks and several NOS parts all for $800. I feel like I stole it.

The 200E Big red runs perfect and only needs little things here and there. The ATC 200 I am working on ran but needed an overhaul BAD. The third is a shaft drive 'something'. Over half of it is missing.

--
    Welcome. You are in the right place for all things 3 Wheeler!
    What part of Tennessee you from?
    * 1978 ATC 90/180 Pauter PJ1 / Springer "Team BAPP" Bike *

* 1980 ATC 110/180 "Danny's Machine Works" 3D Sprint Dune Bike *

* Nicholson 500 Race Bike *

* HPATC Yamaha RD350 "Big Moe" Trike *

--
    Fairview, just west of Nashville

--
    Your shaft drive ATC would be one of the three following. A 1984 ATC200ES, an ATC250SX, or an ATC250ES. These were the only shaft driven Hondas. The 200ES would have an engine that looks similar to the other 200s that you have. The 250s have an entirely different engine. Assuming that no one changed tires sizes, the SX has 22x11-8 tires while the ES has 25x12-9. this could help you determine which model that you have. Also, the 200ES only has front suspension while both of the 250 models have full suspension. The 250s were made in 1985, 1986, and 1987.

--
    Good to know. I don't think I will ever fix it though. There's just too much missing. I do have two shaft drive engines though. The frame will likely get cannibalized for parts to fix the one I am currently working on. I find myself with no seat and the parts frame had a nice seat. Only...they don't swap. Hmm, chop, cut, weld, grind smooth and paint....It'll fit.

I would have LOVED to have been able to fix the shaft drive frame. THere's so much missing and so much damage...anything is possible but not for me. It does beg the question, what to do with all the shaft drive parts that won't interchange with my two chain drive models. Get these two done I MIGHT just have to start shopping for a more complete shaft drive atc that needs attention.

--
    Welcome to the site!

--
    I remember the drag race high show, wished they would have kept it going... ya'll still have a drive in or am I thinking somewhere else? anyway new to this armchair sport of cyber-wheeling myself. TN is the place to be.

--
    Hello neighbor! Where 'bouts you at? I'm Williamson county. Just west of Nashville.

--
    west tn south of jackson

--
    I've seen some decent deals on Honda 3 wheelers down around Jackson in the last few years. Never could justify the drive though.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I don't think I will ever fix it though. There's just too much missing. .........

I would have LOVED to have been able to fix the shaft drive frame. THere's so much missing and so much damage...anything is possible but not for me. It does beg the question, what to do with all the shaft drive parts that won't interchange with my two chain drive models. Get these two done I MIGHT just have to start shopping for a more complete shaft drive atc that needs attention.

Well, told a lie!!!
    Kinda happy 'bout it too.

With the help of a good neighbor who's a far sight better fabricator than me, we've managed to get this frame safe and usable! 200ES build is on!!!

Still much missing but i've got the major components. ...Now if I could just find the dam fork bridge I been searching for.......

--
    Glad to hear that another trike won't be scrapped.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //