//ArrowChat Code

Thread: '83 185s running fine then... not.

--

'83 185s running fine then... not.

Hi wheelermeisters,

I purchased a nice condition 83 185s a few years back, and got it running well and buffed it up to look presentable. The previous owner told me that he had had the (original) carb cleaned just prior to purchasing it. My uncle was keeping the trike for me while we had a new house built, so what it amounts to is that the maiden voyage was last October when I took it to Moab, Utah. It was running well on the trip, but as soon as I got it home, it was not running well - it was 2missing and wouldn't idle, and wouldn't stay lit even if I was gassing it.

I am trying to figure out what happened, and I wonder if possibly some sediment from the fuel tank may have settled down into the carb (The one thing that I hadn't gotten to was putting an in line fuel filter...). I figure that if there was any vibration in the trailer, it may have caused this because it was literally running fine, then I put it on the trailer and drove 9 hrs and when I got it home, it wasn't running well at all.

Have any of you had a similar experience? Any ideas of what may have happened/caused it?

Any/all applicable advice is greatly appreciated.

--
    Clean the carburetor , definitely put an inline fuel filter and also replace the spark plug .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    Not much help, but how'd it do at Moab? I'd LOVE to go there sometime. Where did you ride?

--
    Moab is wonderful. I have been going there for decades primarily for mountain biking. However, in recent years, my knees have not been liking my mountain biking, so I thought I'd try it on the 185s. Some of the trails can be very gnarly and taking a hardtail wheeler to them would be foolishness. Having said that, I did enjoy some of the less technical and more open trails - Gemini Bridges and Hurrah Pass, and it was a lot of fun.

--
    Thanks so much shortline!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //