//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: New truck suggestions

--
    Saw an ad on TV today for 189 $ a month lease from Ford... ANY LEASE renters here with what actually happens and costs ?
    our original 85 we bought new, 2 - 86 police specials
    250r dust runner
    04 Yamaha kodiaK 450 snowbuster ! Brute Force 750 dust collector .
    Bunch of es stuff I been buying for next builds....
    Gone but lives on in my aching body the mighty 350x collection . A Beat 85 es im gonna rebuild

--
    My co-worker leases a F150. He figures he will be 15k miles over whats allowed by the end of the lease and has resigned himself to having to buy the truck rather than pay the overage. They do whatever they have to to get you in the seat. On the topic also I have a 2015 F250 and can say it will be my last of many Fords. Rides like crap, had to add air bags to tow anything other than a lawn mower and the underside of the bed is already starting to rust. The water pump went at about 38k also but that was covered under warranty. It's a 6.2 gas, 13 mpg around town and 15-17 on the highway. It does pull well towing though.

Lots O Trikes!!!!!
    TRIKEFEST 03, 04, 05, 07, 09 Going the distance

--
    Quote Originally Posted by dustrunner View Post
    Saw an ad on TV today for 189 $ a month lease from Ford... ANY LEASE renters here with what actually happens and costs ?
    Usually those ads are based on base models and show the absolute lowest you would have to pay in order to get your interest. It worked didn’t it.
    Your best bet is to go online to the ford website and build and price your truck. When done go to the payment section and you can put in different data (down payments, trade in if you have one, length of lease etc) and see what the payments will be. This will be all based on list price so if you are into negotiating then you should be able to do better than that.
    I traded in my 09 Sierra in March and bought a 18 Sierra and although I just went over 3000km yesterday I am very pleased with it so far. I have a company car which gets driven about 50 percent of the time and 90 percent of my driving is in town so I might put on 15000 km per year. I leased and plan on buying it out when done. The list with some extras I put on was just over 60k cdn but with my gm employee discount and the truck month deals the price was reduced by about 15k plus my trade in (8500) plus some cash. I ended up with a payment of just over 300 per month on a 3 yr lease and my intention is to buy it out and keep it for an additional 3 or 4 yrs. I went with a higher end package because this is our family driver when we all go and I wanted comfort and figured I deserved it at this stage in my life.

--
    I am not loyal to any brand truck, whats more important to me when shopping for a truck is the age/milage to price ratio and nothing with any signs of body damage or rust. It took me two years to purchase my last truck last year. It was a 2012 siverado wiyh 27 k on it. Owned by an older gentelman with many GM aftermarket parts on it. The dealer was fair with my used up 05. I looked at everything, all the brands and was just unwilling to spend 25k on something that had 60-70k miles on it.
    I looked at so many trucks I could tell you what any year truck with miles on it should be going for. All dealers and private sellars price out of the same book. Trucks are over priced for sure. I actually wanted an older Ford extended cab but was unable to find one within a reasonable distance. Even considered an old Bronco or Blaser and just pulling a nice trailer when needed.
    My 2012 has the 5.3 and I like the smaller motor because of the extra room in the engine bay, that was another deciding factor (can I change the plugs or alternator if need be).
    Overall pleased with price to milage that I got on this Truck, plus it was undercoated when new another bonus..
    Last edited by DAM shop; 07-18-2018 at 10:11 AM.
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Drove a new chevy, liked it. till I got a price of almost 43 k out the door... Especially since the tranny will need rebuilt at around 60 k miles...ouch
    our original 85 we bought new, 2 - 86 police specials
    250r dust runner
    04 Yamaha kodiaK 450 snowbuster ! Brute Force 750 dust collector .
    Bunch of es stuff I been buying for next builds....
    Gone but lives on in my aching body the mighty 350x collection . A Beat 85 es im gonna rebuild

--
    Quote Originally Posted by dustrunner View Post
    Drove a new chevy, liked it. till I got a price of almost 43 k out the door... Especially since the tranny will need rebuilt at around 60 k miles...ouch
    Why do you think the trans will go out at 60,000? What kind of warrantee do they come with?
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    Like my Cock ...........it was strong as it could be.........like my Cock...........no one could ever Pee as far as me ...........because they use the same transmission from the Chevy Cruse ..........because it`s Junk..........because all they want to do is fack you outta your money ........driving a new pick-up in Mexico ?........hows that work just leave it dirty (cause it`s illegal to wash cars ?) and pray narco`s don`t want it cause it`s ch!tty Chevy ?...........listen to the heartbeat ...........of my anal-pore........that today's Chevrolet !!!
    Translation: My wife won’t let me have a new truck cuz I have erectile disfunction.
    It sucks to get old

--
    My $0.02 - I bought a new 2015 Ford F150 XL, extended cab, 4x4, ecoboost at the beginning of 2016. Paid $32k OTD. It has 33k on it now, no issues yet. 2.7L ecoboost engine is at 23+mpg since new. This is mostly driving back and forth to work. Seat of the pants, it has way more bang than my 2003 Ford F150 2x4 with the 4.6L V-8. Pulls the 5x8 trailer and RZR as good or better than the 2003.

One person mentioned the auto-shut off - it is saving me gas, long term it may cost me more in starter component repairs but that remains to be seen. Before buying I drove a 3.5L, 3.5L ecoboost and a 5.0L. 5.0L sounded the best, but the 3.5L ecoboost was the most powerful and offered better MPGs. The 3.5L normal was a dog that needed to be put down.

I'm happy with my truck but kinda wish I would have held out for the 3.5L ecoboost, but as I remember the only way to get that was to upgrade from the XL model making the base price to high for me at the time. Only real complaint is the oil filter. No more spin on, instead it has a plastic lid and the lid unscrews up. First time I changed the oil, I loosened it and pulled the lid off, a couple cups of oil poured out all over the top front part of the engine. I did learn to loosen as much as possible and leave it, it will drain after a few minutes with little mess.

Only you know what you want and truly need in a truck, but for me my 15 works perfect for my needs. Long-term reliability, who knows. I'll maintain it as best I can and see what happens. Looked at all the brands mentioned, nothing offered similar for similar price.
    Last edited by 200x350xtriz250; 07-27-2018 at 08:02 PM.

--
    New trucks are cool if you are ok with paymentd. I put $1200 no away for retirement. Id rather save it now then spend but I've never had a loan for anything.

--
    In related news I got my first dent in the new rig today... at the dealers getting a mandatory dealer oil change.

Ape sh*t crazy would be an understatement for my reaction when they claimed I brought it in like that. The manager will be calling in the morning.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    Hoela ......diss is Heffe of chitty Chevy dealershit ...........we believe you have no claim...........come back here and we`ll put your head on dashboard ..........ok puto ?.............chingas su madre..........oh Canada .......!!
    Guess who DIDN'T get a call today? Voy a visitar los piches hijos de puta manana.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Waiting at the dentist office for my son and saw this nice rig.

What are they like 40K?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180801_091450.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	253814

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    Waiting at the dentist office for my son and saw this nice rig.

What are they like 40K?

Mid thirties.
    Sorry Glamy, I have to disagree.
    I have had 3 Tacomas and pound for pound they are a better pickup than Tundra.
    My Tacomas just seemed to be built better. More sturdy? More durable? It is hard to quantify.
    The Tacomas have cooler options and packages (120V outlet in the bed for example), and Tundras get Silverado tail lights.
    ^^^^ Paraphrased from ATCTim ^^^^^
    The only reason I had to upgrade to a Tundra was for the V8 motor when I got my toy hauler.
    The little 4.0 Tacoma V6 is an awesome motor. Hook up the heaviest load and drive through the mountains. It picks a gear and goes.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by keister View Post
    Mid thirties.
    Sorry Glamy, I have to disagree.
    I have had 3 Tacomas and pound for pound they are a better pickup than Tundra.
    My Tacomas just seemed to be built better. More sturdy? More durable? It is hard to quantify.
    The Tacomas have cooler options and packages (120V outlet in the bed for example), and Tundras get Silverado tail lights.
    I heard that the Tundra and Tacoma utilize the exact same chassis.....that the Tundra uses bigger body panels. Maybe that is the reason the Tacoma feels more sturdy and durable.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post

I'm sure glad you didn't hassle his wife for parking in the handicap spot. I hear that doesn't end well in the States.

Those Tacomas are brick sh*t houses. Too bad they burn gas like a V8.
    It sucks to get old

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //