//ArrowChat Code
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: New truck suggestions

--
    I've owned two Toyotas in my life

1995 4runner which was weak, slow, and heavy....but reliable at least.

My 1978 FJ40 Landcruiser was the best 4x4 I've ever owned in my entire life for trails and general. It had 79K on it when it got it and I put another 80K miles on it. I only had to replace the clutch, the clutch slave cylinder, tires, and the water pump. Everything else was OEM except the exhaust header. It had a 4.2L I-6 in it and was 4:10 or 4:11 geared because it wouldn't do over about 65mph in 4th gear so it was not really a hwy driver though I drove it daily anyway. In 10" of fresh snow in the road and the frontend locked in, I could do 50mph and it was steady as a rock. That thing started without fail from -20F to 105F. It was better than my 78 CJ7 in just about every way as well except I recall the Jeep getting way better fuel mileage. The FJ was 10mpg average I think and it was THE SUCKIEST part of driving it.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Listen Jedi Glammy to your inner YOTA, let it guide you away from the Darkside.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by dustrunner View Post
    Saw an ad on TV today for 189 $ a month lease from Ford... ANY LEASE renters here with what actually happens and costs ?
    How is the search going, dustrunner?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    Tacoma people are Fags ......ha ha ha ha ha.........................just kidding ..........ok?.............show me your cigarette lighter
    ??? On my 95 Tacoma, I hooked a power inverter to my cigarette lighter, then plugged in a blow dryer to inflate an air mattress. It never worked again. I think that was the last truck I had that came with both a cigarette lighter and an ashtray. Here's my Toyota resume. I have exclusively purchased Toyotas since graduating college (eg. since I've had enough money to afford one).

1987 single cab 2.4L manual 5-speed. That motor was a dog. It had manual locking hubs so you could put it in low range 2wd and get rubber in all 5 gears. Pretty beat when I got it, very beat when I sold it. Uncle Beavis painted it yellow with 2 black strips back the hood and over the roof. Every truck from here forward was black.

1995 single cab 2.7L manual 5-speed. That 4 banger had a little more pep. This was the greatest truck of all time. At 170,000 I had to put some money into it, but I wanted to go 500,000 and there was no reason it wouldn't have. At 175,000 a teenage girl in her mom's SUV spun into my lane and totaled the truck. Only time I have ever taken an airbag to the face. Oh, and this was a 1995 1/2 model. Mid model year in 95, the Tacoma was introduced. I had one of the first ones. 3 trips to TrikeFest.

1998 single cab 2.7L manual 5-speed. Same truck but without the booming stereo, windowless cap and Interco Thornbirds. Just didn't have the same cool factor. At 145,000 Toyota was offering book value and a half on a trade in due to a frame recall. I took the $9000 in a heartbeat since that was more than I had originally paid for it. 3 trips to TrikeFest.

Bought the ex a 2006 4-Runner (3-Runner?). 4.0L V6. 19.5 mpg. One day she drove away in it taking the ATC110 and my dog with her. I got the trike back, but Ole Red went to doggy heaven. 1 trip to TrikeFest.

2011 Extra Cab automatic Tacoma TX Pro V6 4.0. My first automatic which I was not thrilled about. This truck towed anything and everything I hooked to its hitch. Had the fold down rear seats, which means it had seating room for 3 adults - if the third adult is very small. 6 trips to TrikeFest.

Which brings us to May 2017, when I made the decision to buy a toy hauler and necessitated the Tundra Crew Max Cab 5.7L. The bed 5 and a half feet square which means it can haul a full size 3-wheeler with the tailgate up. The only way to buy a stick shift Tundra is single cab, 8 foot bed -- tempting, but couldn't do it. Oil changes are at 10,000 miles. It is presently 14 months old and has 26,000 miles. As for maintenance, the oil has been changed twice and tires rotated 4 times. One trip to TrikeFest and counting.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    I heard that the Tundra and Tacoma utilize the exact same chassis.....that the Tundra uses bigger body panels. Maybe that is the reason the Tacoma feels more sturdy and durable.
    I think Tacoma shares a frame with 3Runner. Tundra is likely a Sequoia chasis. I don't know that for fact - just an assumption.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //