//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1998 CR125R Honda ATC

--

Thumbs up 1998 CR125R Honda ATC

Hey guys, just found this site, and its awesome. I'm starting my build, and thought I may need a liile help, or be able to help someone else. Should be fun, aluminum frame and tiny 2 stroke motor should make a freak of a trike, I hope. Anyway glad to have found this place. Also, I'd love to post pics of the bike, so any advice on that for a tech idiot like me would be appreciated.

--
    Freak of a trike no sure. I had a kx112 it was fun but had to be rung out all the time. It was in a 200x with250r suspension. Id go 250 cuz your adding a good bit of weight vs the bike.

--
    I guess since I already have the 125, I'll go with that, if I have trouble with power I can bolt in a 250 with no trouble. I dont think it will add that much weight. I weigh 170, and I'm only adding an axle, and 1 wheel. I have a nicely worn set of 20x10/9 ambush tires on 1 inch backspace aluminum wheels. Also I have 400ex hubs on a 40 inch 200x axle which is 6 inches wider than stock. So its gonna be wide.

--
    Be sure to share some pics when its done!

--
    YES! Pics please. I was running a Fadal machining center years ago (JUNK!) and one of the guys on the welding/Fab side of the shop had an XR500 he had fitted an ATC swing arm to and lowered the front just a touch. What a crazy machine.

--
    Ok, like I said I'm not sure about pics. First forum I've ever posted in so I'm not sure how to post them. Still gathering parts right now. So far I have the 200x axle, swingarm, brakes, and sprocket. I am planning on stretching the 200x swingarm and turning down a pair of bushings for the cr85 swing armbolt. I will also cut a notch in the swingarm to allow it to be part of the engine mount. The two swingarms are the same width at the frame. Not sure how I'll tighten the cain yet but I'm sure I'll figure it out. Any ideas you guys have let me know. I just want it super wide super light and quick. Also I have a set of 2005 RM85 inverted forks I'm gonna try to fit in a set of vtx honda? I think its vtx triple camps.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //