//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Tri Zinger Help?!

--

Tri Zinger Help?!

So i picked up my first zinger couple weeks back. Got it running with a carb clean and gone through. The oil injection works fine ( i know most of you won’t like that and actually end up blocking it off ). When i put it in run and hit the throttle it almost feels like it’s governed. I read about the screw behind the thumb throttle ( it’s already missing ).
    If you roll it a little bit then hit the gas it pulls. But from a stand still it doesn’t go under weight without help. It runs and idles fine, it’s not a carb adjustment that’s needed. Clutch springs? Shoes?

I also found out that there isn’t a clutch adjustment. Before i got it, it was sitting for quite a few years. Any help or ideas in what direction to go? i see plenty of videos of people’s pulling fine even with adults.

Would appreciate any input.

225DX DUDE

All things 3 wheel

--
    If it's running perfectly fine motor-wise, then it sounds like you have an auto clutch issue.

Does the cover look like it's ever been removed??

I'm sure other Z owners will jump in and share their thoughts and past issues...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    If it's running perfectly fine motor-wise, then it sounds like you have an auto clutch issue.

I'm sure other Z owners will jump in and share their thoughts and past issues...
    Clean out the exhaust it gets full of carbon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--
    Its been a while since I’ve been in the zinger motor, bottom end, clutch, 2 springs use pw50 parts / reeds too as I remember. Does your choke cable work the plunger in the carb? Plunger is the first to gum up/get stuck. Open up the clutch cover and take a look/grab a new gasket first. Clutch is 30yrs old it may be time. Do the rear wheels spin freely off the ground? Brake not binding? Does the start switch affect the engine differenty from start to run mode?
    New gas?
    Clean or new air filter
    We still run with oil injection also, never have had a problem with it.
    I guess that’s all I got——good luck

Shep

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post

clutch cover was never removed, i did notice that maybe the adjustment may be off where the throttle goes into the carb.

@Doug8765 I did clean that out as well, there was some build up... will have to see if it pulls better after that.

@shep1970 Theres no binding from the brakes or anything. Wheels spin freely

Thanks for the help so far!

All things 3 wheel

--
    Well, the thing is, we have to differentiate between a motor not running properly versus a clutch/transmission issue.

That's what helps narrow down where the issue truly resides...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //