//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1985 250es Wheels and Tires

--

1985 250es Wheels and Tires

I just picked up a 1985 250es! It needs tires badly, and the stock wheels are in pretty rough shape. I searched the forum and found several threads about running 26" or 27" tires on ITP Delta Steel wheels (4x110-4+3) looks best from what I have read. My question is regarding tires, tread pattern, and traction.

I like the Super Swamper TSL's (27x9x12 front, and 27x12x12 rear). I primarily ride in sand (sandpit lake and sand bottom river), so the tread (especially on the back) looks like it will work well, and the price is great! My only concern is front tire traction- maybe its marketing, but Interco says that the lateral tread is less aggressive, allowing the tire to slide sideways more easily. I read a post about Vampires, but this tread pattern looks slightly different. Any advice is appreciated!

--
    As a follow up, I ordered Super Swamper TSL’s. 27x12x12 for rear, 27x9x12 for front. Ended up doing 1.5” wheel spacers on back. New ITP delta steel wheels. It turned out great. Tires are actually 28.5 tall (measured from the ground). Looks awesome- rides great!

--
    Sorry nobody chimed in for advise. Sounds like you did your homework and used search. Bravo.

Welcome to the forum. Post some pics up. We all love pics.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Thanks for the tip on those wheels too. I'm about to take on an 83 200ES myself and might just do the same as you. The wheels I have are one step away from being junk.

86125m is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    good luck on finding wheels for a 200es the bolt pattern is a 4x150 and almost no one makes wheel for that bolt pattern.

--
    I have hubs from other trikes. I'll find something that'll work.

--
    400EX hubs is what everyone racing have switched to. Put a set on my 110cc from Tusk...Extended version all billet. Search it, but I'm pretty sure it's a simple switch. The hubs weren't cheap but IMO worth it, for my application.

kevin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodcliff5 View Post
    As a follow up, I ordered Super Swamper TSL’s. 27x12x12 for rear, 27x9x12 for front. Ended up doing 1.5” wheel spacers on back. New ITP delta steel wheels. It turned out great. Tires are actually 28.5 tall (measured from the ground). Looks awesome- rides great!
    Do you have any pics?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //