//ArrowChat Code

Upcoming Events for the Next 120 Day(s)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cable Sux

--

Cable Sux

And the internet is GAY !!!...........AT&T just reneged on a 2 year deal !!! ..........i`m sick of diss sh!t............i wish all their customers would cancel ..........da fack good is the FCC if they don`t care about the consumers .........AT&T BLOWS BAG WHORE`S ..........sue me please for Defecation .........all american companies suck !!!!!

--
    I'm leaving AT&T......... going Thorstream or Smartstream or whatever else. No more hundy Mayweather bouts.......puro free!

--
    40+ views 1 reply .........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	253649   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00W0W_a2Guh2jzUEu_600x450.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	253650  
    Last edited by glamy; 07-18-2018 at 04:29 PM.

--
    We haven't had directv in 4 years. I've got the playstation and play games and watch movies. It's still a timewaster but at least i only have to pay for what i want instead of 200 garbage channels. I've been meaning to get Povertyvision, for the weather and football, but haven't bought the antenna yet. I'll never go back to cable/satellite tv.
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

Arky-X is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    40+ views 1 reply .........
    Sorry, I was busy pricing my options after I read the thread.

I bought an antenna years ago and keep telling myself that I am going to cut everything but internet and use OTA and maybe Sling.
    Problem is they play the games with giving you bundle packages and screw you with internet only. Been with Xfinity (Comcast) for over 20 years and it keeps going up. Damn $5.99/mo each for 2 DTAs just so I can watch TV in other rooms. I didn't ask for those but you have to have them to get their service.
    Their internet is fast and reliable here but can't stand the price tag for TV that I seldom watch. In a bundle with TV, internet is $70.....with no other service it jumps to $90.....that's not counting the fees.

Yes glamy.....CABLE SUX!!!

--
    You're still on cable/satellite? You PAY for reruns? LMAO

I fired Direct TV five years ago and AT&T Hi-speed internet a year after that.

I quit Verizon's over priced cell phone contracts about that same time. My new cell phone is AT&T PREPAID set up on auto-pay every month and for $57 a month out the door after tax and fees, I get 22G per line which is 2G more than I've ever used in a single month and that was because I watched YT videos 20-30 hrs a month

I tether my laptop to my phone for WiFi when I need to use the laptop

We have free TV but usually don't watch it except for occasional PBS shows like Nova or American Experience. Everything else on TV is unimaginative and pathetic. I especially hate scripted "reality" shows.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ironchop; 07-19-2018 at 09:24 AM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post

I fired Direct TV five years ago and AT&T Hi-speed internet a year after that.

I quit Verizon's over priced cell phone contracts about that same time. My new cell phone is AT&T PREPAID set up on auto-pay every month and for $57 a month, I get 22G per line which is 2G more than I've ever used in a single month and that was because I watched YT videos 20-30 hrs a month

I tether my laptop to my phone for WiFi when I need to use the laptop

We have free TV but usually don't watch it except for occasional PBS shows like Nova or American Experience. Everything else on TV is unimaginative and pathetic. I especially hate scripted "reality" shows.

I had a 2yr. deal for $123.00 for crummy DSL land line & Direct ...........when i signed in Jan. `17 ......47 phone calls to get them to honor what they promised ........now 1 1/2 yrs later $170.00 ........just because they can ? .........everything Zen .....i don`t think so............wait till they get a load a my mouth .........so everybody does I phone and media plan ? .........i hate touch screens..........they never do what you want them to do ..........every time i see someone staring at their dumbarse phone i want to grab it smash it and ..... say SORRY .....

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    I had a 2yr. deal for $123.00 for crummy DSL land line & Direct ...........when i signed in Jan. `17 ......47 phone calls to get them to honor what they promised ........now 1 1/2 yrs later $170.00 ........just because they can ? .........everything Zen .....i don`t think so............wait till they get a load a my mouth .........so everybody does I phone and media plan ? .........i hate touch screens..........they never do what you want them to do ..........every time i see someone staring at their dumbarse phone i want to grab it smash it and ..... say SORRY .....
    That's typical AT&T

My cell phone is the only thing they didn't bait and switch me on for the past 25yrs which is why I still have it after four years. Everything else I ever got from them was bait and switch. Monthly home phone bills going up and down for no reason..... An "itemized" bill from them isn't itemized at all but three pages of legalese and a vague breakdown of some obscure fees they invented last night to charge me that were simply listed "tax" or "fee"

If only the Federal Government actually enforced the anti-monopoly laws passed 100 yrs ago, perhaps they wouldn't be too quick to rip people off.

I could tether a computer to my old phone without a touch screen.

Arky-X is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post

Shut the hell up!

I'm trying but it looks like I will have to switch to a provider that offers internet only. Spent 2hrs on chat with Xfinity last night and got an amazing deal.........upped my internet speed from 60mbps to 150mbps........my bill dropped $5.77/month !!!!!!!!!

wow! (lower case letters wow)

"What about an internet only package?" -- ArkyX

"I'm sorry, that is not offered in your area but I have a great Triple Play bundle that gives you blazing fast 250mbps, 8000 channels, and unlimited phone so you can talk to all your 3wheelerworld friends all over the world." -- DevilXfinityRep

"And you will pay the same price you are now for 12 months. How does that sound?" -- DevilXfinityRep

"I don't want to talk to all my 3wheelerworld friends all over the world on the phone. We have this thing called a forum. That's how we communicate. A forum....it's on the internet. Which is all I need.....the internet." -- ArkyX

"What is is after 12 months?" -- ArkyX

"It goes up to $4,762.99 / month but you can cancel anytime after that.......and pay a $15 change fee.....and pay for shipping to send us back all that electronic crap we sent you......and then another $15 to change back to the you have now" -- DevilXfinityRep

Of course, performing a speed test shows I'm only getting 20 down / 11 up so something is screwed up anyway. Probably been that way forever because it is a compatible modem. We never knew the difference, it was fast enough for us. They ran a diagnostic and told me what I expected....."the trouble appears to be with your own equipment Mr Arky-X" -- -- DevilXfinityRep

"Of course it is" -- ArkyX

"Please make sure all your connections are tight and secure on your modem." -- DevilXfinityRep

"Yep, tighter than a 12 year old." -- ArkyX

"A 12 year old? How would you know that?" -- DevilXfinityRep

"I did one when I was 10." -- ArkyX

"Oh! What a stud you must be Mr. ArkyX." -- DevilXfinityRep

It may be an issue on my end but after 2 hours I was done and will deal with that later. I know how to troubleshoot it without their help.

My 2 teenagers and I use a shared plan on cell phones. Consumer Cellular (uses AT&T network) for $75/mo for all 3 lines. We have unlimited talk & text and share 3GB. Only 3GB? Yes, we are trained not to use data unless on WiFi which is why our home internet is something we rely on. Could care less about the TV.
    Thinking about SuddenLink in my area which has internet only packages for $50 - $70/ month.

--
    But but why do all your reps sound foogen Ghandi ?...........i don`t know do you have any pics of that 12yr. old Arky-X ?...........does she look like Brook Shields with Ghandi dot on forehead ?..........(rep) oh let me rub one out on the phone.........but what about your lying stinkin contract ? .........we`re sorry call 10 days from next tuesday for another irrefuckintating Hindu ..........no i signed up at the mall ...........i`m going back to the mall and the same manager i`m sure is long gone .........Hello AT&T how can we Fack you !!

--
    I have att uverse internet only, no tv bundle and i'm pretty happy with it so far... 40 bucks a month, goes up to $50 after the first year, got a $100 dollar rebate card in the mail as promised. I did have to pay a $99 dollar installation fee "because i didn't bundle it" The speed is supposed to be up to 25 Mbps and it stays around 17. We get 1024gb of data each month. But how do you really measure that?

It did take them 2 weeks longer to bury the cable than they said it would.
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    Yes and when you complain about your connectivity speed being anything other than advertised, "it's a problem on your end" of course

--
    I've got Google Fiber for Internet. 100 mbps for $50/month. Use Amazon Fire Stick and Sling TV for most everything else. Have a couple HD antennas for local channels. Still pay about $80/month for internet, sling and Netfilx but better than the $160 I was paying.
    Real men ride trikes!

--
    I am still bundled and don't mind it (Rogers). Cable/landline/internet. $150.00 a month. Unlimited HS internet. 130/10. I have Netflix.

Most smaller suppliers do not have great HS internet. I would still be around 80ish $ just for internet. Basically I am happy. Cell phones is very expensive here. I have a basic plan. 200 minuites talk unlimited text and 100G of data. I pay $35 a month which is good. I know people with $150.00 cell bills alone. WTF.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--

Cable Sux

Comcast triple play went from 180 to 260 after the promo deal ended. Decided to cancel our home phone(which broke up the bundle Ďdealí) and went to magic jack @five years $25 buck just to keep the number given out to solicitors.
    Because we didnít contact Comcast they went even higher on the cost because the fees are now ala carte. Try $308 for just internet and a bunch of channels which no one watches. 300 bucks for internet and tv only! Nonsense tax and license fees take up half a page on the easy to read bill.
    Needless to say we dropped Comcast who agreed 300 was pricey but you know you need to talk to us we can get you back down paying half if you want to keep us around....how bout no GFY. New plan is $133 for net and TV from Frontier. Got one new channel Comcast didnít offer OAN so know we got six stations out of 350 we might get a chance to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //