//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 200x camshaft question

--

200x camshaft question

hey all, can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the 200x cam and a 185? do they both have decompression tabs even though the x doesn’t have a decomp lever? and are the lobes the same? thanks!
    Last edited by red_dog90; 07-25-2018 at 05:29 PM. Reason: misspelled word

--
    I think they are different don't know in what way but the year also has to do with it, and just simply because ive never heard people switch with 185 cams

86125m is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    the 185 cam will work in the 200x but from what I know the cam lobes are a little bit more aggressive on an original 200x cam. the updated part number that used to be on oem parts websites before the cam was discontinued was for all the 200 series but it was slightly differn't than the original 200x cam.

3Z with Fangs! is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    There are some great 200x cams out there if you're willing to put up the cash, most people don't because at the end of the day no matter what you've done if you've made 20hp you've done a great job and still behind the pack. Now, if you love the machine and don't want to upgrade and plan to keep it, the 200x is very cool and personally I'll spend my money on something I find to be very cool. Your money bro, good luck!

--
    If you want to upgrade use 200r birtbike cam and carb.
    250r rules

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //