//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What would Jesus do?

--

What would Jesus do?

Im quite distraught this morning... Let me tell you all WHY. Last Night I called on a 87 BIG RED I had found on craigers only 7 hrs old at a really GREAT price.... so 2 calls and a text later I Finally got a hold of the owner JOE . Well he seemed like a level headed normal person and he stated his phone was blowing up after he had placed his ad. ( which I was expecting would happen when its a really good deal ) Well he and I talked for a while and agreed theres allot of idiot/low life/scum bag/ rip offs on craigers. So after talking to him a while and convincing him I was NOT one of those LOSER guys who say Id be there at a certain time and NOT show up, we agreed on a time Sunday after he got back from church and visiting his dad around 12:30 . So YAY ! It was all lined up PERFECT!! It was 1 hour drive from my cabin so early Sun AM I would get up, drive 2 hrs to go home and grab some $$$$ from my safe then drive an hour back north to go pick it up. PERFECT! No prob Its gonna work out GREAT!! SOooo later on last night Im flyin high about getting this BEAUTY at a decent price to ad to my collection ! Around 11:10 PM last night I get a TEXT back from that guy JOE saying hes very SORRY but he SOLD IT cause someone offered him $700.00 MORE than he was asking!!! Sayyyy Whattttttttttt????? I was so pissed ( and still am) I responded back to him a not so nice text back about GREED and going back on a mans word that he SAID he was gonna save it for me. I even woke up at 3 AM still hot about it so I sent him a text saying OK I would even give him the $700.00 EXTRA he was selling it for. TOO LATE. It is GONE. GREAT !! I already was all packed up ready to go, even had the owners address in my GPS all ready to rocket there Sunday AM ....Soooo Im trying to be CALM and rational but right now I REALLY want to send him a box of FRESH dog waste...... so help me out here fellas ...What would Jesus do??

--
    Quote Originally Posted by tri guy View Post
    Im quite distraught this morning... Let me tell you all WHY. Last Night I called on a 87 BIG RED I had found on craigers only 7 hrs old at a really GREAT price.... so 2 calls and a text later I Finally got a hold of the owner JOE . Well he seemed like a level headed normal person and he stated his phone was blowing up after he had placed his ad. ( which I was expecting would happen when its a really good deal ) Well he and I talked for a while and agreed theres allot of idiot/low life/scum bag/ rip offs on craigers. So after talking to him a while and convincing him I was NOT one of those LOSER guys who say Id be there at a certain time and NOT show up, we agreed on a time Sunday after he got back from church and visiting his dad around 12:30 . So YAY ! It was all lined up PERFECT!! It was 1 hour drive from my cabin so early Sun AM I would get up, drive 2 hrs to go home and grab some $$$$ from my safe then drive an hour back north to go pick it up. PERFECT! No prob Its gonna work out GREAT!! SOooo later on last night Im flyin high about getting this BEAUTY at a decent price to ad to my collection ! Around 11:10 PM last night I get a TEXT back from that guy JOE saying hes very SORRY but he SOLD IT cause someone offered him $700.00 MORE than he was asking!!! Sayyyy Whattttttttttt????? I was so pissed ( and still am) I responded back to him a not so nice text back about GREED and going back on a mans word that he SAID he was gonna save it for me. I even woke up at 3 AM still hot about it so I sent him a text saying OK I would even give him the $700.00 EXTRA he was selling it for. TOO LATE. It is GONE. GREAT !! I already was all packed up ready to go, even had the owners address in my GPS all ready to rocket there Sunday AM ....Soooo Im trying to be CALM and rational but right now I REALLY want to send him a box of FRESH dog waste...... so help me out here fellas ...What would Jesus do??
    Jesus would turn a tree into a trike so he's probably not cruising Craigslist.

However, I feel ya. I had a dude do something similar to me after telling me he couldn't do the deal on Sunday when I was there with money and that it would have to be Wednesday night. Tried pay him ahead time. Tried to leave a deposit and he refused both. So I show up on Wednesday night with cash and truck and he says he sold the bike on Monday night.....I drove an hour and fifteen minutes to come get it.

So then I see the same mofo, same bike at a local swap meet about a month later and dude says "yeah the guy never paid me so it's back up for sale" and the price was $300 higher now. I mentioned that I noticed the price went up and he says he's give me same price he quoted me before ($700). I pulled the cash out of my pocket and said I'd take it. So I'm counting out $700 out of $1500 I had and he's all salivating, offering to sell me other parts for it and I stopped at 7 and said. "Nah, nevermind. You should've took my money the first time instead of wasting my time and gas." and I walked away. He didn't say anything else that I heard.

It was a killer deal too...1969 Triumph Bonneville with title and complete but not currently running. Every time I get screwed though, something better always comes along later on.

I've even won a great deal on eBay just to have the seller cancel the order and then relist it at more money and tell me it was priced incorrectly on accident to begin with. I guess bad feedback was ok since he made an extra $75. I don't get it.

It seems to be happening more frequently lately. Honor and integrity aren't that important to alot of supposedly grown-ass "men" anymore. I buy and sell alot of stuff online and in the last fifteen years or so, I've had way more problems with shady sellers than I've had with tire kicking buyers and flakey payers. I think Craigslist is where guys put their stuff up for sale because their wife didn't give them permission to own it in the first place and then they sabotage the sale as a way to hold onto contraband instead of stickin up for themselves with the wifey. Blow's my mind.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Jesus would forgive.
    I had just the opposite happen. Had a really nice stock 90 for sale, had a lot of interest. An older guy came by and wanted it but couldn't get back to me until a day or two later, he wanted it for parades. I told him I would hold it for him. In walks guy #2 (Brandon) he had a tube frame and other aftermarket parts he wanted to trade along with cash. Told him about guy #1 he said cool I'll check back in two days. He did I still had the trike because guy #1 couldn't get back to pick up for another few days. Brandon was pissed I wouldn't sell to him instead, claimed the other guy lost out when he didn't get back to me in two days. He chewed my ass on the subject of buying/selling and trading ( like he was an expert) I refused to sell to him telling him I gave my word to guy #2.
    It's simple your word and a handshake means everything, no need to deal with arse holes.
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    When I was flipping trucks through newspaper ads I would have been thrilled if even half of the people who called and said they were coming actually showed up.

I also remember a fair amount that came, took a test drive, inspected the heck out of everything and said they would be back in an hour with the money, but never showed up.

A bird in hand is exactly that, can’t blame somebody for holding onto it.
    It sucks to get old

TexFest is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by tri guy View Post
    po opsenders.com
    TPC 450R

--
    Please forgive my late arrival, Sunday is a busy day for me.

Just as God never provides more three wheelers than one needs, he never permits too few to those who need and deserve them.

Thou shall not use the USPS to ship dog droppings saith the Lord.
    And know that I am with you always; yes, to the end of time

--
    Hahaha... I knew Jesus would weigh in eventually

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Man that sucks. I am a man of my word when I sell something.

I have not had many no shows for something that I was selling. I always put a price of FIRM on everything. Weeds out the lowballers. If it doesn't sell I take down the ad and reprice it.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    And if he went behind your back on the deal there's no telling what else he wasn't being honest about on that trike. You'll probably end up with a better one anyway.

Just be glad that you're smarter than the guy that offered $700 more than the asking price for it.
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by 83ATC185 View Post
    And if he went behind your back on the deal there's no telling what else he wasn't being honest about on that trike. You'll probably end up with a better one anyway.

Just be glad that you're smarter than the guy that offered $700 more than the asking price for it.
    That's what I was thinking too. You really have to know what you're looking at to know what shape something is in. This guy doesn't sound like the kind of person that would be totally honest about the trike in the first place. Something else will come along.

This stuff happens in the craiglist, bookface, evilBay world. Nothing to hold people accountable.
    May not seem like it at the time but it is a trivial thing to lose sleep over.

Missed out on a 300ex a few weeks ago. It ran and they wanted $600. I pm'd them and they said still available. Told them I was 30min away and I would meet them.......didn't hear back for about 10min and then I got a notice it sold. Oh well, that's the internet for you.....miss out on some deals but there's always a better one out there.

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    I remember a time when you had to wait til Sunday morning when this paper thing came to the house, usually pried out of a pile of dog shiat in the front yard, with no pictures, and a 8 word description that said "yellow Yamaha racing 250cc 3 wheeler for sale, super fast 200$ obo" Your loins burn with the thought of a precious Tri-Z is just waiting for your purchase....

You called giddy as hell, got directions, that you somehow found your way to without the aid of mapquest or gps. After a 53 mile trek,
    You pulled up to this house in the boondocks where you found a rather burly woman in a tube-top splitting wood with an ax, 4 dogs running around with a case of the mange and 2 kids with pampers drooping to their shins.
    You found your way over to a swing set perched over the hood of a 78 Impala wagon with wood grain paneling, and 6 dudes drinking Natty Lite at 10 AM on Sunday, with a small block Chevy lightly tied to said swing set, with a plethora of ropes and pulleys. A nice man by the name of Earl approaches and You were lead to the back of the "property" while dodging more dog shiat like land mines in the Viet-Cong.

Anxiously you rounded the corner of a 1967 coachmen pop up camper, and are greeted with the sight of a Yamaha "scary fast" 225dx, that once was yellow but now has more of a butter color, blended in with some type of moss overcoat, and a sapling growing out of the exposed seat foam. You can't help but notice the cool old go-cart that has Wooly Boogers on it. You further examine the 225dx to find the go cart turf-tamers welded on to the rear axle with what appears to be a old dinner spoon lightly melted on with a car battery as a welder. Further examination reveals the pull start cover is missing, with what appears to be one of the old dog leashes, or chevy engine support rope, wrapped around the fly wheel. But all hope is not lost..Earl gives that dog leash one light tug and the "scary fast Yellow Yamaha 250cc racing 3 wheeler" roars to life in a ploom of blue smoke. Earl, mounts the beast and shows you his one handed wheelie prowess while holding onto that Natty Lite without spilling one drop.

He offers to give you a ride on this machine as it is "not for beginners," where he rides you back to the swing set engine hoist and 5 professional car mechanics. Miss tube-top timber splitter gal, yells over the bonfire of beer cans, "MY daddy gave me that 3 wheeler for prom in 83," and it is not for sale.

You leave with more questions unanswered than you arrived with, with smashed dog turd in your shoe tread, and a few chunks of it on your elbow...

Yeah, The internet buying thing sucks for sure!
    Last edited by Mosh; 07-30-2018 at 12:44 PM.
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosh View Post
    I remember a time when you had to wait til Sunday morning when this paper thing came to the house, usually pried out of a pile of dog shiat in the front yard, with no pictures, and a 8 word description that said "yellow Yamaha racing 250cc 3 wheeler for sale, super fast 200$ obo" Your loins burn with the thought of a precious Tri-Z is just waiting for your purchase....

You called giddy as hell, got directions, that you somehow found your way to without the aid of mapquest or gps. After a 53 mile trek,
    You pulled up to this house in the boondocks where you found a rather burly woman in a tube-top splitting wood with an ax, 4 dogs running around with a case of the mange and 2 kids with pampers drooping to their shins.
    You found your way over to a swing set perched over the hood of a 78 Impala wagon with wood grain paneling, and 6 dudes drinking Natty Lite at 10 AM on Sunday, with a small block Chevy lightly tied to said swing set, with a plethora of ropes and pulleys. A nice man by the name of Earl approaches and You were lead to the back of the "property" while dodging more dog shiat like land mines in the Viet-Cong.

Anxiously you rounded the corner of a 1967 coachmen pop up camper, and are greeted with the sight of a Yamaha "scary fast" 225dx, that once was yellow but now has more of a butter color, blended in with some type of moss overcoat, and a sapling growing out of the exposed seat foam. You can't help but notice the cool old go-cart that has Wooly Boogers on it. You further examine the 225dx to find the go cart turf-tamers welded on to the rear axle with what appears to be a old dinner spoon lightly melted on with a car battery as a welder. Further examination reveals the pull start cover is missing, with what appears to be one of the old dog leashes, or chevy engine support rope, wrapped around the fly wheel. But all hope is not lost..Earl gives that dog leash one light tug and the "scary fast Yellow Yamaha 250cc racing 3 wheeler" roars to life in a ploom of blue smoke. Earl, mounts the beast and shows you his one handed wheelie prowess while holding onto that Natty Lite without spilling one drop.

He offers to give you a ride on this machine as it is "not for beginners," where he rides you back to the swing set engine hoist and 5 professional car mechanics. Miss tube-top timber splitter gal, yells over the bonfire of beer cans, "MY daddy gave me that 3 wheeler for prom in 83," and it is not for sale.

You leave with more questions unanswered than you arrived with, with smashed dog turd in your shoe tread, and a few chunks of it on your elbow...

Come to PA...coal country lotta that yet...but bud life and pbr...

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosh View Post

Sorry about that.....I had a 3 line limit in the free classifieds so I couldn't describe everything about it.
    I'll take $175 if you're still interested

--
    I've turned down more money when I already had a guy on the way. I figure it's good karma so that my next find doesn't get sold out from under me!

I've been buying and selling a lot lately. Here's a tip so that you can take your time when you find out about a project. Put wanted ads on CL and FB marketplace. I keep getting people offering me their old projects that aren't listed anywhere online so I can take my time going to check them out. Still, if it's a smoking deal I make sure I get over there right away so they don't change their mind about selling.

Rob

--
    You guys kill me ! I guess the man upstairs was telling me I have enough project ATCs and I know I do also cause me wife also reminds me every day she cant park in the garage !! Even tho I STILL know I coulda made room ! I COULDA MADE ROOM!

I know I know ….Spilt milk spilt milk. Don't cry over spilt milk.....

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //