//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Rear Brake Drum Help. No tension

--

Rear Brake Drum Help. No tension

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8121.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	2.82 MB 
ID:	253886Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8118.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	253887

Hey guys just need help figuring out if i am 1. missing a spring on the rear brake pedal so the pedal retracts up and also 2. how to fix the rear brake mechanism and increase brake pressure. I can not tell if i need a new adjuster spring because its super locked up but the adjusting nut still spins or if its the weird L shaped spring and bolt around the brake bar spline.
    Just replaced the shoes aswell.

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8119.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	2.34 MB 
ID:	253888

Adjuster spring stuck short

--
    It doesn't look like the arm that goes over the splines is installed all the way onto the splines. This may cause it to slip on the splines, and not engage the brakes. Another thing that I can see is that your adjuster spring isn't "stuck short". It won't expand out longer because you have taken most or all of the adjustment out of the brake cable. Another possible cause is that the arm isn't installed in the correct position on the splines. If it isn't, then you'll never be able to get rear brakes, no matter how much you try to adjust the brakes at the cable. I'd first back the adjustment all the way off. Next, I'd try moving the arm toward the back of the trike by one or two splines, making sure that it's fully installed onto the splines. There is a groove on the splined shaft that the locking bolt rides in when it's installed correctly.

--
    Yeah your right! I managed to finally get it off the spline. Was able to rebend the spring into the similar circle fashion and was able to get the adjuster spring nut off finally since that stripped inside. So im just fighting with having the spline perfectly straight and put back on. I did it with the spline slightly angled and the brakes were slammed up against the brake drum. IM CLOSE

20 mins later.... GOT IT NOW to lube the cables and test.
    Last edited by dwheeler23; 08-08-2018 at 03:28 PM.

--
    Good to hear that you have it figured out.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //